Author Topic: icamsource crashes windows xp professional  (Read 2551 times)

nfr

• View Profile
icamsource crashes windows xp professional
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
It seems that the icamsource crashes my windows xp pro. At first I thought there is something wrong with that particular computer. So, I formatted and I started from scratch and clean install. fist thing I installed icamsource. It seems to crash the pc after 30 min to an hour or so.

for the case of argument I have tried the icamsource on another PC that has XP Pro and same issue. Keep in mind that I have tested the same thing on Home XP and no major problems like that so far.

Did anyone have this problem, can anyone please help. I contacted support and they never answered me yet.

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: icamsource crashes windows xp professional
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:40:01 AM »
I am running Icamsource on XP Pro and Home editions with no issues. Have also run it on Windows 7 Home.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
Is Windows crashing, or is icamsource crashing? Two very different things. If icamsource is crashing, it could be because you don't have uPNP enabled on the router and "auto-router configuration" enabled in icamsource. I've noticed that, if the ports aren't forwarded correctly (either manually or via uPNP), icamsource becomes unstable. You might check that.

techn1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
 I've started having this issue on Xp Pro.It's not Icam crashing,but Icam causing BSOD's.My pc can run for weeks without any problems,but once I start Icam,it'll bluescreen soon.Doesn't seem to be any particular time or event that I can find setting it off,just that that program is running.XP is completely up to date and running Icam 2.4.4. I've even formatted and reinstalled,same issue.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »
How many cameras are you running and what are the Brand/Models of each?

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.