Author Topic: Icam and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)  (Read 1831 times)

cwassman

• View Profile
Icam and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
Since installing android 5.0 on my phone, I can no longer receive push notifications.   Within the framework, there doesn't seem to be permissions for anything that would affect that.  So I am not sure what the issue is.  I am running a basic build of Cyanogenmod CM12 on an HTC One M8 (Verizon). 

Has anybody had success running Icam on an android device with 5.0 ?

I should add that another android device I have running 4.4.4 DOES have Icam notifications come through correctly.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:32:00 PM by cwassman »

cwassman

• View Profile
Re: Icam and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »
So after trying many different things, I have now determined this:

It seems there is an issue (maybe just with my particular rom bulid) whereby the "Google App Data" doesn't sync properly.  I happened to add another google account to my device, and doing so must have triggered something.  Even after deleting the second google account, I can now receive the Icam notifications...and some from other apps that I had no idea I was missing. 

Again not sure what the true cause is, but it appears this is an operational workaround. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Are you running the official version of Android from your device's provider? Unfortunately, our test devices do not currently support Android 5.0, but once the update is released we will be able to see what has changed with Android 5.0.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.