Author Topic: Some multiple camera weirdness (layout control?)  (Read 2453 times)

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Some multiple camera weirdness (layout control?)
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Not too long ago I wrote a tutorial in the forums about setting up iCamsource to run as a service.  Today I got a 2nd Panasonic BB-HCM511A camera and created a 2nd service on my Windows Home Server for this new camera.  After some initial confusion I seem to have gotten it to work but am noticing some "weirdness" that I hope I can get resolved.

1.  When I run iCamsource manually now it will always come up with the 2nd service I created.  I'm guessing that this is "normal" since that's the last instance of the program run but I'm wondering if I instead need to have two physical copies of the iCamsource software installed on the machine somehow since there appears to be no way to run it manually and reference the 1st instance of the program that I have running as a service.

2.  Is there any way to mandate the layout control for when I am viewing the video feeds on my iPhone?  It appears to be random right now, Service 1 feed will sometimes show up in window 1 and sometimes show up in window 2.  I would like some way to control this so that a specific camera is always showing up where I want it.  It does not appear that the iPhone application allows a user to rearrange the ordering of the cameras on-screen.

Any assistance welcome, I plan on adding a 3rd camera so hopefully nothing I can't iron out!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some multiple camera weirdness (layout control?)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
I'm not sure about the service issues.  If you are running the iCamSource executable directly, then there shouldn't be any services involved at all.  If you're running iCamSource using a shortcut, try double-clicking the actual iCamSource executable file (probably in C:\Program Files\iCamSource\)

Right now, the webcams are displayed in the order that they are connected to.  As far as the user is concerned it's basically random.  Other users have asked for the ability to arrange the ordering of the cameras and it's on our list of potential features to add to iCam in the future.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Re: Some multiple camera weirdness (layout control?)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I think that the services are working normally, just some unexpected behaviors after running as a service and then trying to run the program manually.

I would add to the votes to get some capability to specify which camera feed is in which window on the iCam app.  At least I know it's supposed to be random, I was worried there was some option I could not find which would let me set it to my own preference.