Author Topic: Error:n <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">  (Read 3766 times)

e-slice

• View Profile
I have had iCam working on multiple computers with multiople cameras and mics for a while. All is still working with those but I just set up an IP camera. After rearranging my router to use WEP instead of WPA and finally gettting the camera to work wirelessly through the Linksys HTML interface I cannot get it to work with iCam source. The IP address is http://192.168.1.107 and I tried it by itself, with the /img/video.mjpeg on the end etc. but nothing. With the URL by itself I get the error: Error:n <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> with the /img/video.mjpeg on the end I get HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Error.

It is a linksys WVC11B and it works (old POS from eBay but bought it just to try with iCam) with their html interface...

Any suggestions? Love the iCam app and would like it to work. (also love the push notifications on motion sensing idea, any idea when that will be available? When I click on the button from the info page it still says cannot connect to iTunes or something similar)

Thank you -

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It appears (via a Google search) that the WVC11B streams MPEG-4 as opposed to MJPEG video data. The iCamSource currently only supports MJPEG.

Does the camera have the ability to display a snapshot image through the web interface? If so then you may be able to use that JPEG URL to use it with the iCamSource.

e-slice

• View Profile
Thanks -

I guess i assumed MPEG and MPEG-4 were the same - - oh well.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile