Author Topic: Only 1 of 3 Cam show on iPad.  (Read 2354 times)

wongpanich

• View Profile
Only 1 of 3 Cam show on iPad.
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:59:35 AM »
I have been using iCam as Nanny Cam for few months. It works perfectly at home via local wifi.
I have 3 Cameras which all connected to 1 VAIO laptop. Of all the cameras, one is built-in laptop webcam, while the other two are USB webcams connected via USB hub that connect to my VAIO 2.0 USB port.

The Problem is ... when I try to view from different wifi ,eg. from my work place. My iCam for iPad Just show only 1 or 2 out of 3 cameras. Or show Source Connection Error. Never that all 3 cameras were shown.
(Previously, I cannot connect on my iPad at all until I try Port forwarding to 12000-12100. Then I can sometimes connected to 1 or 2 out of 3 cameras. Yes, just sometimes that it works without Source Connection Error)

I can perfectly view from iCamWeb from my work place LAN using Laptop ---> Everything works fine I can see all 3 cameras.

Connecting iCam for iPad using EDGE/different wifi result the same thing just show only 1-2 out of the 3 cam or sometimes show Source Connection Error.

My work Network available via LAN and wireless.
I have update both iCamSource and iCam for iPad and still not work.

Can you tell me the solution? Do I have a chance to use my iCam for iPad at work? Please help me..
(At work, I don't have my own LAN connection but I can connect via wifi freely.)

Thank you for every suggestion. Wish the best for the solution.

Father with 2 mo daughter..

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Only 1 of 3 Cam show on iPad.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
It may be an issue of your work WiFi being on a different router than your work LAN. If the routers are connected to one another, it can make connecting difficult if they are both creating their own separate sub-networks.

The solution to that problem would be to forward a range of ports in your home network (thereby simplifying the connection) but it sounds like you have already done that.

Are you currently running the iCamSource with a range of ports forwarded in your router at home?

wongpanich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:41 AM »
Yes, I already set the port forwarding to 12000 - 12100 range at my home network router.

And Yes. You are correct. I have checked the network at my work place that the wifi is not on the same router as LAN.

Right now. My solution is to use iCamWeb since that way I can see all my three cams. Besides the iCam for iPad is able to detect just no more that two cams, somehow the cameras working are randomly chosen.

Looking forward to your new solution or update that could fix my problem. iPad wifi is way more comfortable that LAN, you agree?

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Wongpanich

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 02:48:41 AM »
Just making sure...but did you enable manual port forwarding in icamsource on your laptop using the registry file from SKJM, and then by opening icamsource to type in that port range in icamsource. It has to be entered in icamsource and the router. Did you also use a port checker to verify that the ports are open? I had random issues somewhat similar to yours (random cameras being displayed or sometimes none at all) until I finally got manual port forwarding set up correctly. Does your laptop have a static IP address on your local network at home?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »
The easiest way to check if the port forwarding settings are working as expected is to visit the following port checker links from the computer running the iCamSource:

http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12000
http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12033
http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12066
http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12100

If all of them report as being OPEN then the full 12000-12100 range is most likely forwarded correctly. And OUAnthony is correct: Since you are most likely running the latest versions with all 3 cameras entered into the one iCamSource, is the Port Forward Range visible and checked, specifying ports 12000-12100?