Author Topic: Multiple USB web cam on same computer running win XP  (Read 4391 times)

Hugues1971

• View Profile
Multiple USB web cam on same computer running win XP
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
I have bought 8 logitech c250 and i had logitech c210 and generic kross USB cam on hand
I have tried this on 2 laptop and 1 desktop.  All those computer are running win XP
As soon that I try to add the 3rd cam and try to see them all at the same time windows will give a error trying loading image "creation of the video preview failed"

I had 3 different computer 3 kind of web cam. I tried many different setting but every time that I add the 3rd cam windows will not display video.

My question is can anyone tell me if we can setup more then 2web cam on the same computer?  If yes what is your operation sys. And what cam are you using?

It just seam that windows XP cant run 3 web cam at once.

I had 2web cams per computer on 3 different comp. With no issue

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple USB web cam on same computer running win XP
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »
As long as your computer can handle the processing, you should be able to connect 3 (or more) webcams to a computer.  If your computer wasn't able to handle the processing, it would just use a lot of CPU %, it wouldn't display that error.

We've never seen that error message before and no other user has reported it before.  Please send a screenshot of the error message to support@skjm.com.  Refer to this forum thread in your email.

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
Re: Multiple USB web cam on same computer running win XP
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »
This may be a Really Stupid hmmm, but are all your cameras windows xp compatible?? I only say this cause I had an issue with a camera showing up, and I had to put it in Windows XP compatibility mode.. I was running Windows 7 but.. Like I said, stupid question, but ya never know about the things you go, hmmm about :)