Author Topic: Is there phone support?  (Read 2336 times)

Lori

• View Profile
Is there phone support?
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
Is there a phone number I can call SKJM for support? I am tearing my hair out at this point.
Thanks. ???

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Is there phone support?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »
No, they don't have a support line because it's a small company (the programmers would constantly be doing support calls instead of improving their products - plural). They do generally get on the forums once a day to answer questions. What issue are you having?

Lori

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
I have installed the AICN1500Wv2. I have several problems that I can't get straightened out. I am going on vacation next week and I am taking my dogs along. I'd like to keep an eye on them while they are in the condo. I'd like to be able to view them from my iphone and my ipad.
The computer does not recognize that there is an camera installed to be able to view it with through icam. I tried to choose it from the drop down menu but there is nothing to choose. I am able to see that the camera IS working because I have viewed it through the Airlink IP website. (You'll have to forgive me, I am writing this from my job, not my home computer. I am trying my best to be as accurate as possible).
I have installed icam from on both the iphone and the ipad but when I try to sign in using the correct passwords, I just get the arrow that goes around and around. Nothing ever connects.
Can you give me an idea what I am doing wrong?
Also, I need to know how to use this wirelessly, it's connected via ethernet.
Last week when I called Airlink, I was able to view my home from my work computer by entering in the correct IP address, now today when I try it..........nothing happens.
I'm grateful for any help you can give me.
Thanks.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »
Network devices (like IP cameras) are "installed" simply by plugging them into a router...meaning the computer won't detect it, as it isn't attached directly to the computer. With that being said, if you have a Windows 7 computer, it might automatically detect network devices on your local network (things attached to your router). Click Start > Network. If it shows up, it will likely have a name (like AICN1500Wv2), followed by the IP address of the device (like 192.168.1.100). That IP address is part of what you'll need to use in icamsource in order to view the camera in iCam. If you don't have Windows 7, simply look in the documentation that came with the camera to find out the camera's default IP address. In Windows 7, you can double-click on the icon in the Network window to access the camera. If you don't have Windows 7 or don't see that icon, you'll need to type the camera's default IP address in your Internet browser (don't use "www." in the address). The camera documentation will also give you the default username/password for the camera. Once you are logged in to the camera's settings page, you can configure it to use your wireless network and then unplug it from the router. When configuring it for the wireless network, I would recommend that you assign it an IP address instead of letting it choose one...that way you know what the IP address is. If you allow the router to assign it an IP address, you'll have to access the router's settings page to find out what the IP address of the camera is. With all of that being said, it would be much easier (and better) to keep your camera wired to the router....better performance and consistency. If it has to be wireless, you want to keep it as close to the wireless router as possible. While in the camera's settings page, you should also change the default username and password to something more secure. Now that you have the camera settings changed appropriately, you're ready to add the camera as a source in icamsource.

Open icamsource, click the + button to add a camera, click on the "Ethernet/Wi-Fi" tab, then try the following links (one at a time) in the URL box (using the camera's IP address in place of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). The first time, you'll need to complete the other boxes in the window as well (directions below these URL's):

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/video.cgi
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mjpeg.cgi
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi

Type the camera's username and password into the appropriate boxes beneath the URL box. Beneath those 3 boxes, choose and enter a different username/password for iCam...this will be the username/password you'll enter on your iPhone/iPad in iCam. Since you only have one camera, I would recommend that you NOT check the auto-config router box (unless the camera is viewable in icamsource on the computer, but not viewable in the iCam app on your smart device when on the 3g network). Click the Start button...now the camera's feed should be visible in icamsource on your computer...and it should also be viewable in iCam (test it with your iPhone NOT connected to your Wi-Fi). If it doesn't work while you're on the 3g network, click the Stop button in icamsource and check the auto-config router box, click the Start button and try again.