Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 237152 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2011, 12:59:48 PM »
Clicking Stop and then Start doesn't fix it still, though? What if you only close the application (from the icon in the menu bar or systray) and then re-launching the application?

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
Yes, Stop and Start button doesn't fix the problem. Close and re-launching with same user name and password also can't fix the problem.
Only Reboot the system or change the password could fix this problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »
That is a very strange issue indeed. Perhaps your iCamSource settings file has gotten into a bad state. If you delete your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file from your Library > Preferences folder in your home folder and then re-launch the iCamSource, does that help the issue?

Your iCamSource settings will have been reset, so you will have to re-enter them to get things running again.

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »
Hi
Removed the com.skjm.icamsource.plist files on Preferences folder and re-launch the iCamSources cannot fix the problem.

I see a new iCamSource update v2.2.2.1. and this version can work with WiFi network, but cannot use 3G to browse the Cam status again.
Its report Source COnnection Erro.
One of more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Hi
Removed the com.skjm.icamsource.plist files on Preferences folder and re-launch the iCamSources cannot fix the problem.

I see a new iCamSource update v2.2.2.1. and this version can work with WiFi network, but cannot use 3G to browse the Cam status again.
Its report Source COnnection Erro.
One of more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

Is this a step backwards in functionality then? Do you know if you had the previous version (2.2.1) installed before you updated? Do you have the Auto-Config Router checkbox checked when you click the Start button?

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
again im getting the source connection error when trying 3g what is it this time?! Ive done the router allowed ip etc downloaded new cam for mac etc

This keeps happening!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »
Thank you for your post, and I am sorry that you are having problems.

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 12:14:35 AM »
I tried both Auto-Config Router checkbox checked or unchecked. But sometime Checked could work, and sometime could not. Unchecked are same.  So I don't know why this happen. And have this problem when sometime use the internal WiFi to connect, but not often.
(noted: My router configuration without any change)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2011, 11:11:04 AM »
What error message are you seeing on your phone exactly, when you lose connection? For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php

Also, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

mshoolman

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2011, 03:13:29 AM »
I have no problems with iCam over my WiFi, so here's one I can't figure out. I turned off the wifi and used an ATT USB modem and I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any helpful hints to make this setup work?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »
It sounds like you're using a 3G wireless modem to connect your computer to the internet.  Those types of connections often block network traffic from server applications like the iCamSource.  There is a chance iCam will work if your USB device has an integrated router.  To see if this is the case you can try the Auto-Config Router checkbox to see if you are able to connect.

johama

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »
hello, i have a problem with the programm...

i downloaded source for windows version 2.2.2 and want to connect from my iphone 2 via edge but i always get the notice source connection error! i use windows 7 and go by an web´n walk stick online. is that a problem?

i use this software in germany...

thx for help!!!

hans...!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
It sounds like you're using a 3G wireless modem to connect your computer to the internet.  Those types of connections often block network traffic from server applications like the iCamSource.  There is a chance iCam will work if your USB device has an integrated router.  To see if this is the case you can try the Auto-Config Router checkbox to see if you are able to connect.

johama

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
hello,

first i have to thank you for the fast answer!

if i klick auto-confic-router, source dosn´t connect :'( so, is it possible that i never can use icam with my usb online stick?

thx, hans

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »
Yes, unfortunately it is most likely you will not be able to use iCam with your Web 'n Walk.

In this case, there isn't any router to configure, the computer gets a direct connection to the ISP through the wireless modem.  If the iCam network traffic is being blocked, it's being blocked by the ISP.

The only other thing to could try is to disable your firewall temporarily to see if iCam starts working.