Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 237177 times)

medway

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »
oh and works fine on my wifi but thats it, dont understand what the problem is as it worked fine on both wifi and 3g till recentrly!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »
If you uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox are you able to connect via 3G? If not, I would suggest unplugging and re-plugging in your router (effectively rebooting it) and trying to run the iCamSource again with the Auto-Config Router checkbox checked to see if you see a UPnP or NAT-PMP Success status message instead.

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Hi,
First, I want to say my iCam could work fine on my 3G and WiFi.
But I found that will have Source Connection Error (there are currently no running
most happen on after resume my MAC book from display suspend. Seem the iCamSource lost connection to server at all. The iCamSource still running when I open the Preferences setting. But my iCam will never connect to the iCamSource, unless I quit and reload iCamSource from my MAC book.
Note: My MAC OSX (10.6.6) stop running the Firewall.
 ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
Do you see the Source Connection Error or No Sources Found when you attempt to connect after your MacBook has been awoken from sleep?

When your MacBook is awoken, is it connected to the same local network as before? Do you know if its internal IP address has changed?

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
The iCam display
Source Connection Error
One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

This is after awoken to my MAC desktop, and the iCamSource perference show its still running.
And my MacBook keep on the same local network as before, and with a fix internal IP address as before sleep.

ndt98

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Hello,
I have no problem using icam with the wifi connection (at home), but when i use the 3G connection, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ("Source connection error").
At home on the icamsource preferences panel , the url given is "192.68.0.27:8080 ..." , this is an "internal" address.
Outdoor, with my iphone, I access my camera directly  on safari with my ip address (81.56.21.xx:8080) , and it works perfectly.

On the router i see that :
UPNP is not activated
Proxy Wake on Line not activated
Answer to ping not activated

Thank you for your support
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:23:37 PM by ndt98 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
The iCam display
Source Connection Error
One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

This is after awoken to my MAC desktop, and the iCamSource perference show its still running.
And my MacBook keep on the same local network as before, and with a fix internal IP address as before sleep.

If you wait a minute or two after your Mac wakes up are you then able to connect using iCam? If not, does simply clicking the Stop button followed by re-clicking the Start button allow you to connect?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Hello,
I have no problem using icam with the wifi connection (at home), but when i use the 3G connection, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ("Source connection error").
At home on the icamsource preferences panel , the url given is "192.68.0.27:8080 ..." , this is an "internal" address.
Outdoor, with my iphone, I access my camera directly  on safari with my ip address (81.56.21.xx:8080) , and it works perfectly.

On the router i see that :
UPNP is not activated
Proxy Wake on Line not activated
Answer to ping not activated

Thank you for your support

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what status message appears after you have clicked the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
Hi,
After my MAC wake up for several min or an hours it still not able to connect using iCam. However, Motion detect can sent notification to me.
Stop and re-start button also not allow me to connect.  (This is not resonable, iCam is a remote security software. If I can sit in front of my MAC to stop and re-start, then why I need to buy iCam)
I found that most people have the similar experience here, its sound the iCamSource still have some connection issue behind. Hope SKJM team could have an update to fix those connect problem soon.
 >:(

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »
Hi,
I found that quit and restart the iCamSource could not solve the problem.  Only change the login password on both iCam and iCamSource then got the connection again.
Is there any limitation behind the iCamSource backend server?

Regard,
Francis.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
When my Macs go to sleep and then come back I don't have any issue connecting. Perhaps there is something unique to your system / configuration.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
Thank you for the IP address.

I was able to find your IP address in the iCam Broker Server logs, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

If you start the iCamSource and are able to connect via local WiFi from your iPhone, if you then put your Mac to sleep, wait 30 seconds, and then wake it up, and wait another 30 seconds, are you able to connect? If not, what error message do you see? If you wait another minute, are you then able to connect? If not, do you see the same error message?

Do you perhaps have more than one router on your iCamSource network? What is/are the make and model of your router(s)? Also, what is the make and model of your cable or DSL modem?

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »
Thanks for your help!

Sometime iCam could last for few hours without any problem after my MAC go asleep. The problem still happen even if I set my MAC never sleep.
Start and Stop the iCamSource could not fix the problem. Only stop and change both iCam and iCamSource passwoard could connect again.

My routher is Dray Tek  "Vigor 2930", with a fix ip always connected to WAN1 of this router. and force my ip  connect to WAN1. This router will direct connect to the ISP network. My MAC can connect to any web site after wake up from asleep.

The error message as following:
Source Connection Error
One of more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
When you change the iCam Login and Password I am assuming that you change them to something different in both iCam and the iCamSource? So you are having to change the login / password combination to something else every time you are unable to connect?

It is odd that changing the iCam Login and Password would be the fix, based on how iCam and the iCamSource communicate with each other and the broker server.

If you reboot your computer (instead of changing the login and password) does that allow you to then reconnect?

Roadman

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
Yes...change the login password on both iCam and iCamSource could fix the connection error problem every time.
Reboot my computer also can fix the connection problem.

Regard,