Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 237197 times)

samsmall

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2011, 06:59:49 AM »
i have iphone 4S, with latest icam source, my MBP is Snow leopard OSX with 2.4.1 icam version, i run the script to todo forward port between 1200 - 12100. my built in cam is working, i m running test, the connection up and down for no reaons can you help me ?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

KStoertz

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Hello - I also get the Source connection error - even if my iPhone is connected via WiFi. iCamSource is connected to server according to the preferences window and the video stream is visible within iCamSource preferences.

The iPhone and my Mac are in the same wireless network, I deactivated the MacOS Firewall, I only have one single router and I entered the passwords / user in iCamSource and in my iPhone various times to make it absolutely sure that they are identical.  Several reboots of iPhone and Mac had also no impact at all.

I used iCam a year ago for several weeks and then I had no problems - now I updated on the most recent version of iCam and iCamSource and I am lost.  ???

Any ideas?

regards
Kersten

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2011, 02:21:24 AM »
What is the Brand/Model of your router?

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
I just installed the iCam app on my iPhone 4.  Works just fine when connected to my home wi-fi, but I get the "source connection error" when trying to connect via 3G.  I get the same error when I use the "auto config router" option on both wi-fi and 3G.  I tried manually setting up port-forwarding, as well as using the tool on the Port Forward website (apparently doesn't work for Mac), but neither worked (granted I wasn't able to successfully set up port-forwarding).

-Mac OS X
-iPhone 4 on latest firmware
-Router is Sagecom (Siemens) SE567

This is exceedingly frustrating and really shouldn't be this difficult to set up.

Thanks in advance.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
I just installed the iCam app on my iPhone 4.  Works just fine when connected to my home wi-fi, but I get the "source connection error" when trying to connect via 3G.  I get the same error when I use the "auto config router" option on both wi-fi and 3G.  I tried manually setting up port-forwarding, as well as using the tool on the Port Forward website (apparently doesn't work for Mac), but neither worked (granted I wasn't able to successfully set up port-forwarding).

-Mac OS X
-iPhone 4 on latest firmware
-Router is Sagecom (Siemens) SE567

This is exceedingly frustrating and really shouldn't be this difficult to set up.

Thanks in advance.

inspiribomb is receiving support via this forum thread: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=174.new;topicseen#new

carolinamurray

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
I have Stefan helping via email now, but thanks again for all your suggestions. I did try the port checker program, and it did indeed show that only 12000 was open.I poked some more holes in my firewall and then saw the ports open, but still no joy over 3G. I'll update this thread when we get this solved.

mvpvince

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:56 AM »
Hi... Just purchased the ICAM app.  It works great on my home WIFI network but Server connection error on AT&T 3G network.   Everything I have is MAC/APPLE.  Router/ iPhone 4S and Macbook Pro.   What do I do?  Tried reading through thread but more confused than ever.  Please help.  Great App if it works.    (Tried Auto-config Router.. no change.)

mvpvince

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »
Forgot to add.. Using AIRPORT EXTREME  and a Brighthouse Broadband Modem.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
Forgot to add.. Using AIRPORT EXTREME  and a Brighthouse Broadband Modem.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
Hi... Just purchased the ICAM app.  It works great on my home WIFI network but Server connection error on AT&T 3G network.   Everything I have is MAC/APPLE.  Router/ iPhone 4S and Macbook Pro.   What do I do?  Tried reading through thread but more confused than ever.  Please help.  Great App if it works.    (Tried Auto-config Router.. no change.)

I am having this same issue as well.  Supposedly setting up the router for port forwarding was the solution.  I got frustrated and gave up since I couldn't figure it out.

erectorset

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »
Mine is giving me the Source Connection error when I access it wi-fi, works with 3G. The thing that's frustrating, is that it's been working just fine, no complaints. I've had no issues connecting until today. I've not changed any settings, I added a camera in the past couple of weeks, a network camera, but I've had no issues with it being on there, and again, it's been working fine. Except today. Restarted, checked everything, seems normal. I have an iMac, my setting is set to forward to the 12000-12100 ports, etc. Not sure why it would all of the sudden stop connecting.

erectorset

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
Well, unplugged the modem/router, waited a few, plugged it back in. Checked iCam on wi-fi, it's working fine now. (scratches head.) It's working fine now.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

cjanddave

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »
Hi i am getting an Source Connection Error on both wifi and 3g, yet i get motion notifications on 3g and wifi. I am getting an
"UPnP Dual NAT ext_ip: 10.0.1.5" when i check auto-config router box, i have an actiontec router in bridge mode and an airport extreme that is the dhcp router.

I also have a slingbox and a wireless hp laserjet that I can hit via 3G on the same network.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:36:39 AM by cjanddave »