Author Topic: Only getting pics every 50 seconds with constant motion  (Read 1485 times)

Calvus

• View Profile
Only getting pics every 50 seconds with constant motion
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:14:24 AM »
iCamSource 2.3.1 beta
Microsoft VX-2000 webcam
I can give you the stats of the laptop that this is running on if you need them.

Basically what's happening is that iCamSource isn't taking pictures as often as it should be (or what I think it should be). The area that I'm monitoring has pretty constant motion, but I'm only getting pics every 50 seconds. It creates the timestamped folder, with only one pic inside. I've played with moving the slider closer to "Better Frame Rate" on the Camera tab, but no luck. I've also tried moving the motion detection slider closer to "More Sensitive" and the "Perform Motion Dection" to closer to more often. None of this seems to help at all. Since I've set this up and it started detecting motion, all I get are pics spaced out at 50 seconds.

A buddy of mine (he told me of iCam) has settings pretty close to mine, albeit a different cam and PC, but he's getting pics every .5-1 seconds. Could it be the camera? I tried version 2.2.3 but could never get a live preview on the Camera tab, so I updated to the beta.

If you can give any thoughts on this I'd appreciate it.

Calvus

• View Profile
Re: Only getting pics every 50 seconds with constant motion
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:14:01 PM »
I may have just solved my problem. I moved the cam from the laptop to my main desktop and then installed iCamSource. At the default settings it started spitting out about 3-4 pics per second. So apparently it IS the laptop. CPU is 1.73mhz with 2gb of memory. It's not that old. You'd think it has enough juice to run this. Maybe not? I love the simplicity of the software and hate to look elsewhere.