Author Topic: iCamSource not working with Xbox 360 USB camera  (Read 3221 times)

mystic

• View Profile
iCamSource not working with Xbox 360 USB camera
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:56:52 PM »
I have two Xbox 360 USB webcams and I can't get either of them to work with iCamSource. It just shows a white/blank picture. They both work fine in iChat and Photobooth. Does iCamSource work with this camera?

I am running the latest version of OSX on a MacMini.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:01:39 PM by mystic »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource not working with Xbox 360 USB camera
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
Certain Macs have a problem displaying two USB cameras simultaneously.  Are you able to see video if you run just one of the cameras in iCamSource?

I know that other Mac users that have had the Xbox camera were using the Macam drivers.  Are you using the Macam drivers with your webcams?

mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 07:36:06 AM »
Certain Macs have a problem displaying two USB cameras simultaneously.  Are you able to see video if you run just one of the cameras in iCamSource?

I know that other Mac users that have had the Xbox camera were using the Macam drivers.  Are you using the Macam drivers with your webcams?

I am only trying one camera at a time until I get it working. I have not tried the Macam drivers. I will try them and report back.

mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »
Well macam didn't work either. Oh well.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
Did the camera show up in the Macam program?

mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 09:34:08 AM »
No it didn't. Also on Macams website it shows that it doesn't support the Xbox 360 Live Vision.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »
Have you rebooted your computer since this problem first occurred?  If not, please try rebooting.

Are the cameras plugged into a USB hub or extension cable?  If so, please try plugging them directly into the computer.

Also, make sure there aren't any other video capture programs running, such as iChat or Skype.  They might be fighting iCamSource for control of the camera.