Author Topic: Connecting iCam to a Lynksys Camera  (Read 1776 times)

Bud

• View Profile
Connecting iCam to a Lynksys Camera
« on: December 04, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
I just purchased a Linksys WVC80N wireless camera, which works fine using the Linksys website.  I now want to use this camera with iCam.  I downloaded iCamSource to my computer and iCam to my iPhone.  Everything works fine when I am using the camera in my notebook computer.  I cannot, however, get the Lynksys camera to connect to icam.  I believe there is a firewall in my computer that is preventing me from making the connection.  Any advice?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Connecting iCam to a Lynksys Camera
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »
Bud - Other users have reported success with the WVC80N.  The following MJPEG URL should be the correct one for you to use in iCamSource:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yy/img/video.mjpeg    where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is replaced with your camera's IP address and yy is replaced with your camera's port.  Make sure that the MJPEG checkbox is checked in iCamSource.

el jefe

• View Profile
Re: Connecting iCam to a Lynksys Camera
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
Hey Bud,
Just ignore all that DMZ and port forwarding business in the Linksys manual.  I have the same exact camera setup and working perfectly with the private ip address my router assigned it.  If you want to copy and paste the URL simple right click on the image in the Linksys application and choose display in a new browser window. Then you can paste that URL right into the iCam software.