Author Topic: FI8919W Outdoor Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera - no motion detection with iCam?  (Read 3590 times)

ProfessorM

• View Profile
 :( 
New FI8919W works great with iCam Source except for one thing - no motion detection.  Anybody have the same problem?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
You have motion detection enabled in icamsource? Do you also have push notifications enabled so you'll receive notification of that motion? If you want the motion events to be recorded, that's yet another option that you can enable. If you don't have either/both push notifications and record motion events enabled, the only way to tell that motion detection is working (as far as I know) is to view the video feed in the iCam app....while zoomed in on one camera (and tap once to see the menu options), you'll see the round "motion" light flash green.

If it's still not working, you might want to clear the icamsource preferences and set it up from scratch. This often fixes issues like this. Are you using Windows or Mac? The directions for clearing the preferences depend on your operating system.

ProfessorM

• View Profile
I'll try to reset the Icam Source preferences, although my other two FOSCAMs are working great and recording motion.  On the new FI8919W, however, the green motion light on the iCam client never comes on (although the motion light area sometimes looks like there is a small speaker inside of the dot).

Thanks!

ProfessorM

• View Profile
OUAnthony - thanks for your help on reseting the iCam Source preference - I started with a clean copy on another Mac, and added the cameras one at a time, and the motion/recording for the FI8919W now works.  THANK YOU!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Cool...glad you got it working!