Author Topic: Push works great, but no Badge update  (Read 1988 times)

jariano

• View Profile
Push works great, but no Badge update
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:01:05 AM »
I have recently purchased push notificaiton and the alerts and messages work fine.  But no badge update on the icon on the home page.

Should it not show a number of motion detections on the icon?

Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Push works great, but no Badge update
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »
It does not currently, no.

The assumption we made when designing it was that the value would always be "1", but if you have received more than one push notifications without opening iCam then I suppose that number would be useful, yes.

I'll add it to the TODO list for iCam 1.2.1 ... Thanks for the feedback! :)

jariano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
Very cool.  And thanks for the prompt reply.  I think it would be useful.  I find the alert and sound to be potentially very annoying, but don't want to give up on the con concept of push altogether.  So, the badge is a non-annoying way to know that motion has happened.  I think this holds true even if it is just a "1" when motion has occured and I have not checked the app.  But if you can increase based on the number of motions (or number of minutes if there is constant motion), that would be even that much more useful.

Thanks again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
Just in case you didn't know, you can disable certain aspects (the sounds, for instance) of Push Notifications in your iPhone's Settings > Notifications screen.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
Badge updates would be useful is another situation,

If you have an IM app that sends you a Push after iCam, there would be no way of telling that iCam ever send you one unless you heard the specific noise.