Author Topic: iCam source crashing when camera is offline  (Read 2506 times)

Steerpike

• View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
iCam Source 2.2.1 on Vista x32 crashes under the following conditions:

I have 3 FOSCAM F18918W wireless IP cameras defined. One of them is offline (powered off, IP unreachable). iCam Source continues to run normally until I access it with my iPhone, after which it crashes, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a minute or two.

If I delete the offline camera from iCam Source, it behaves normally, but obviously I don't want to have to remotely log in to restart iCam Source and delete a camera every time one might happen to go offline.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »
In the past, I've had crashing issues when the ports were not forwarded correctly. Maybe it's a port forwarding issue. Do you have auto-router configuration checked in icamsource (and uPNP enabled in the router)? Or do you have manual port forwarding set up?

On my system, I have manual port forwarding set up...and I haven't had crashing issues, even though I powered off one of my IP cameras (with it still listed as a source in icamsource) and accessed iCam on my phone. With that being said, I DO have motion recording enabled...and the most current recorded image from the powered-off camera is displayed on iCam (which is strange). So maybe it's not necessarily the port forwarding...maybe it needs an image (from motion event) to use as a placeholder for the video feed?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »

Is it always the same camera that causes the crash?