Author Topic: Linksys WVC80N won't work over WIFI  (Read 3887 times)

mammaroni

• View Profile
Linksys WVC80N won't work over WIFI
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
Hi
The Linksys WVC80N camera works fine over ethernet using the camera URL:
http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:80/img/video.mjpeg, camera login and password.

When I disconnect the ethernet cable, however, it won't work with the URL above.  The camera's wireless function seems to be working because I can view the video on the camera's Linksys website, just not over iCamSource.

I use a Motorola Netopia modem, Airport Express and a Mac.  I've set the camera's IP address to be static.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks very much.

mammaroni

• View Profile
Re: Linksys WVC80N won't work over WIFI
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
It's working!  I unplugged the ethernet, powered the camera down and now it works.  Networks seem to be fickle.  I'm very happy...finally.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

mammaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:33:48 AM »
Now it is working over WIFI on iPhone iCam, but not over 3G.  I've read the help pages.  I set up UPnP enabled on the Motorola Netopia modem.  This worked on iCamSource, but I lost the WIFI video on the iPhone iCam and still can't get 3G .  The Firewall is disabled.  I don't have any security software loaded on my Macs.

I have two Macs and one Linksys camera. I also have Airport Express and wondered if there was a conflict.  I unplugged Airport Express, so only the modem was on. After this, on my WIFI, I lost iCam for one of the Macs.  I still can't get it to work on 3G either.  Hmmm...

Any other ideas would be great:)
Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »
You mentioned that you have  tried some of the troubleshooting steps from our Support Pages. Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

mammaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
Yes, I checked the auto config router and it was successful, but the video just didn't appear in the iCam on either 3G or WIFI with "Source Connection Error".

Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
If you're seeing the Source Connection Error when your phone and computer are connected to the same network, that indicates the problem is caused by firewall software on the computer or router, since the network traffic isn't going through the router in that case. Since you are not running any firewall software on your computer, please quit or disable any firewall options in your router's settings (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

mammaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
I had a look at the modem firewall settings on my Netopia 3347.  I have checked ClearSailing - which says protection against unwanted inbound traffic is controlled by NAT. There was also an option to check SilentRunning or LANdLocked.

In NAT I could set pinholes, IPMaps, Default Server (set up NAT default server options) or NAT Table Monitoring.  I don't know what these mean though, so haven't done anything here.

Anyway, once ClearSailing was checked, I still didn't get video on iCam over 3G.  I checked auto config router checkbox (which showed UPnP Success 12001 to 12001) and tried it, but nothing worked in iCam. I unchecked it and tried it.  Still "Source connection error". 

Do you know how to set up NAT to see if that helps?
Thank you for helping me:)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »
It appears the new auto-configuration logic isn't working for some reason. What is the specific Model of your Netopia router, there are several 3347 Models(http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/default.htm)? The next step is to manually configure your router for port forwarding.

There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please send the Model of your Netopia router to support@skmj.com, so we can find port forwarding instructions for your particular router.

mammaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 02:33:34 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I'm going away today for the summer. I had hoped to get set up before I went away so I could check on the house. Never mind, I am determined to get this great app working and will be back in August to do this thing!

Thanks again.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 09:19:30 PM »
Looking forward to getting you set up in August.