Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236965 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
The Dual NAT error message indicates that there are two routers on your local network. Since you have two routers and one is currently in Bridge Mode, it's possible that they are connected to a modem that has an integrated router. iCamSource is able to auto-configure the router that it's connected to, but the other router is still blocking the traffic. The solution is to put one of the modem into Bridge Mode (turn off the routing functionality).

What is the Brand/Model of your DSL/cable modem?

cjanddave

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
It's an actiontec mi424wr on verizon fios, and it's in bridge mode. The apple airport is acting as the dhcp server.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:51:40 AM by cjanddave »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2012, 11:29:27 PM »
The actiontec router may still be responding to the UPnP command, even though it's in Bridge Mode. Please try disabling UPnP on the actiontec router.

If that does not work, you may need  to manually configure port forwarding on the Airport.

Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these instructions.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »
Connection source error has connected to network and iCam
Is allowed on firewall so please advise!

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:01 AM »
Also I only have one router!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
Connection source error has connected to network and iCam
Is allowed on firewall so please advise!

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »
It says nothing beside it but says connecting at top of box

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
More worryingly I was just sent an iCam detect alert n could see a complete stranger feeding her dogs! What's that all about???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource preference screen to support@skjm.com and reference this post and your username.

Also, users can set the login and password in iCamSource to be anything they want. If your login/pass is something simple it is likely another user is using the same login/password combination. Please change it to something other people won't be able to guess easily.

Derrick

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
Hi
I am running iCamSource 2.4.4 Beta on my iMac w/Lion 10.7.2 and connecting via my iPhone4S running iCam 2.1.1 with Foscam IP camera
I can view the camera from my iPhone while on the same network and when on 3G connection away from local network, until my iMac goes into power save/sleep mode. In prior versions of iCamSource w/Snow Leopard this was not an issue. I thought that iCamSource's constant reading of the video stream from my IP camera, it would keep the iMac from going into sleep mode (the way it use to). Are you encountering this with other Lion installations?

Thanks,
Derrick

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2012, 12:54:08 PM »
None of our prior version of iCamSource prevent your computer from going into sleep mode. Make sure that your computer isn't configured to go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity by going to Settings> Energy Saver. Then set the "Computer Sleep" to Never. If your computer is asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect.

ashbell

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
Hi I have a iMac computer, I have been able to get the video feed when I'm on the same wifi network but not with 3G/EDGE...I have tried everything posted on here and still nothing. Not sure what else to do.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

krnyr

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
I imagine these forums have some good info in them if you have 3 days to read them all. I think it much better to have a more precise setup guide with a step by step menu of what to do if.....................Ive read as many posts as i can, I have 2 cameras, UPNP is enabled, AutoConfig Router is checked, at home on IPhone i get both cameras to show at work desktop its a fight to get even one to show, never had both. Ive uninstalled-reinstalled and now got to the point of researching other software unless someone can give me a concise how to fix it scenario.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
I imagine these forums have some good info in them if you have 3 days to read them all. I think it much better to have a more precise setup guide with a step by step menu of what to do if.....................Ive read as many posts as i can, I have 2 cameras, UPNP is enabled, AutoConfig Router is checked, at home on IPhone i get both cameras to show at work desktop its a fight to get even one to show, never had both. Ive uninstalled-reinstalled and now got to the point of researching other software unless someone can give me a concise how to fix it scenario.

Have you tired with Auto-Config Router option unchecked? If not, please Stop iCamSource and with that option unchecked.

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php