Author Topic: Removing iCam icon on OSX ?  (Read 2606 times)

neid

• View Profile
Removing iCam icon on OSX ?
« on: June 23, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
I was wondering if there was any way as to "NOT" display the iCam icon on the taskbar. I was able to block out the led on my macbook by pushing in the led a little and packing it with an opaque epoxy. However there is still the tell tale sign of the application running from the taskbar dealy.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Removing iCam icon on OSX ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:13:46 AM »
That isn't currently possible through the iCamSource program itself.  It is possible for you to replace the iCamSource menubar icon with a different icon.  To do that, right click on iCamSource.app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate into iCamSource.app/Contents/Resources.  That folder contains the icons used for the menubar.  There are four icon files starting with "iCamSourceStatus_". 

You can replace those icon files with any icons you want, just make sure they have the same filenames as the original icon files. 

Alternatively, you can just rename the original icon files to have different filenames, such as "iCamSourceStatus_Running.png.old".  Then the icon in the menubar will be blank. 

neid

• View Profile
Re: Removing iCam icon on OSX ?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:08:47 PM »
Yeah, didnt think about that. I guess I could also just replace it with a transparent .png img and it will still be there when hovering over it and what not it just will not be visible.