Author Topic: Server Connection Error. One or more of the iCam sources returned by the iCam br  (Read 3546 times)

vmlb

• View Profile
Hi

I purchased the app yesterday and it worked ok with the wifi there however outside of  home, on 3G with O2, it is impossible to get an image although I get notification of detected motions. It should be reassuring and it is stressful: "something is happening but what ?"

Error message is "Server Connection Error. One or more of the iCam sources returned by the iCam broker server could not be connected to."

Another interesting fact is that having two iphones, I have tested both and once one worked suddenly but not the second...

Please could you advise how to solve this issue with the app ? I understand it is a frequent issue but could not find any clear answer yet.

Thanks and regards

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you for your post.

Are you receiving the Source Connection Error?

If you're seeing the Source Connection Error, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If it still doesn't work with that option enabled, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network:
http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

Also, even though you are not receiving video, receiving Push Notifications is common. The Push Notifications use the Apple Push Notification Service, while the iCam connections are direct connections between the phone and the computer, so they don't really have anything to do with each other.

vmlb

• View Profile
Good afternoon

I enabled the Auto-config Router checkbox and tested the application for the last 2 days ans it has worked perfectly !!

Many thanks for your help :)

Kind regards

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

Breakwell07

• View Profile
Hi all a bit new to this and also can connect perfectly from pc and receive notifications but cannot connect to cam via iPhone wireless or 3G from iPad or 2 iPhone 4's. Have tried running app ( weather etc ) in background to no avail ip for icamsource is 121.217.253.36 and iPhone is dynamic on 3G 110.20.4.221 but same as source on pc when home ? Even without remote ability app is amazing and used for security already !

Breakwell07

• View Profile
On returning home I am all fixed - working on 3G and wireless and now have both cams working! Absolutely outstanding app!!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Glad you got it working and thank you for the great feedback!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.