Author Topic: Camera won't start over wifi using windows 7, works on iMac fine  (Read 1803 times)

elbarbari

• View Profile
Hi,

I have an iMac running Mavericks and a PC running windows 7. I installed the iCamsource on both my Mac and PC. On the iMac the Facetime camera is recognized and I am able to use the iCam app on my iPhone in both wifi and using cellelar data with no problems at all.

On the PC however, I have problems. iCamsource can find the camera and I can see the image from the camera in the iCamsource fine. But I am not able to see the camera using iCam app on my iPhone not even over wifi.

So when I open iCam, I can only see my iMac camera not the PC.

What is the problem? I disabled firwal on the PC but still no success!! I hate to do the manual port forwarding stuff specially that it worked smoothely on my iMac with zero setup why not on the PC?

I am really disappointed, that it doesn't work even over wifi!

Thank you very much for your help.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Camera won't start over wifi using windows 7, works on iMac fine
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »
Are both computers, running iCamSource, on the same network?  Also, have you tried selecting the Auto-Config Router option in both iCamSource Preference Panes?

If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network and the Auto-Config Router option does not work, then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0