Author Topic: make a udp connection broker server  (Read 1817 times)

imperio

• View Profile
make a udp connection broker server
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »
Hi,

i can only connect me with my red wifi, i can't connect with 3G/Edge, and with an another red wifi, only the mine

i've the message: "your network may be preventing you from making a udp connection to the icam broker server"

thanks of all

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: make a udp connection broker server
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
The most common reason for the Broker Connection Error is a poor wireless connection. If you see the error consistently when you have a strong wireless signal, the network you're connected to may be blocking UDP traffic. I can get more information if I have the external IP address of the computer running iCamSource. To get that, to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

Also, please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.