Author Topic: D-Link DCS-900W Wireless Internet Camera  (Read 1644 times)

jankun

• View Profile
D-Link DCS-900W Wireless Internet Camera
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »
The D-Link DCS-900W Wireless Internet Camera works by putting the video online and using an IP address.  I'm assuming that would be the URL address I would put in the Ethernet/Wi-Fi URL box on the iCamSource Preferences program to get iCam to view the WiFi camera from the patio?  I want to make sure I can get this camera to work.  Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: D-Link DCS-900W Wireless Internet Camera
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:01:01 AM »
The URL you need to enter into iCamSource is actually the MJPEG URL, not the root URL.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource. 

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address :  login:password@Camera_address