Author Topic: Can I view my laptop cam with iCam and my iPod  (Read 18847 times)

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
Re: Can I view my laptop cam with iCam and my iPod
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
I sent you a screenshot to the same place as before of what I'm seeing cause I don't see any connecting, or connected, or anything like that on the preferences box.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have gone over and over it and I just can't figure it out.. Thanks so much again..WH

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
In your most recent screenshot it appears that you are running a much older version of the iCamSource, version 1.4.1 ... (You can see the version number in the iCamSource Preferences window title as well).

In your first screenshot you were running the latest version, 2.2.1 ... Did you revert back to an older version? The older version does not display the "Connecting ..." or "Connected to Server" messages in the title bar.

WalkingHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »
Houston (Stefan:) we have Liftoff!! That was it.. I downloaded the wrong version.. Now my problem is when I'm on another network, say the Nursing Homes wifi, it doesn't work.. Says 'Source Connection Error'.. I've tried what it says to do in Troubleshooting by checking the auto configure box on prefrences, and it shows 'UPnP Success 12001 ->12001',  but I still get that same message..  any clue to why That is?? and also, last time I had it (iCamSource) on 'Record When Motion Detected', it did something which did a 'memory dump' ??..it was dumping something but couldn't tell what or why it did it, but I had to uninstall it and here we are again (: Thanks again in Advance!! WH
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:45:59 AM by WalkingHeart »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
Were you able to connect previously from the Nursing Home's WiFi? It may be an issue of that network being more complex or restrictive than most.

When you check the Auto-Config Router checkbox (and see the UPnP Success message) are you still able to connect from your network?