Author Topic: Can't download?  (Read 15755 times)

demonslyer

• View Profile
Re: Can't download?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »
i downloaded everything you told me and it still crashes when i hit start

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »
Did those 2 files install successfully, or did you get an error message?

Have you rebooted your computer since you installed the .Net update and the Visual Studio redistributable?  If not, please reboot it and try iCamSource again.

When iCamSource crashes, do you see an error message?  If so, what is the message?

demonslyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
they were successful .
I did reboot and it still crashes.

the message i get is

iCamSourse.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 01:17:29 AM »
What devices are you choosing in the Video and Audio drop-downs?

We've seen cases before where a crash after hitting the Start button was resolved by updating the webcam/microphone drivers.  Please update your drivers for those devices.

demonslyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »
for my video i'm choosing USB Video Device
and audio is Philips SPC 1000NC Webcam.

0_o updating my driver's. =/ don't think i can get this to run, my computer wont load up the site after i hit download to start it on Microsoft's website. I can't crash my computer either to see about fixing my computer this way. I have ran a virus scan too and it found nothing

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 12:54:48 AM »
The "USB Video Device" looks like the generic driver from Microsoft.  That's the driver that Microsoft uses if it can't find the real drivers for the webcam.  Unfortunately, the generic drivers often don't work.

Here is a link to the correct drivers for your Philips SPC 1000NC webcam: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=ENG&sct=WEBCAMS_SU&cat=PC_CAMERAS_CA&grp=PC_PRODUCTS_GR&session=20080711154752_66.249.71.9&ctn=SPC1000NC/00&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

demonslyer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
Thank you, After all the stuff you helped me with I finally got it working after updating my webcam driver. I appreciate all thew stuff you did to get it working for me. Had some fun with it when i left to go to the store yesterday =). Good Job on it. Hopefully in the future you will be ale to fix the audio and video lag. But i still like it

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

Lag can be caused by a lot of factors, including slow data connection, older hardware/drivers, etc.  In addition, Apple requires us to throttle the bandwidth usage quite a bit. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does contribute to the lag.