Author Topic: New Version won't allow me to "Start"  (Read 2362 times)

jzmn27

• View Profile
New Version won't allow me to "Start"
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
The Start button on the Preferences screen is grayed out and the Start option on the drop down is grayed out.

Can't see if it works if I can't start it.

iCam v2.1. Mac OSX 10.6.4.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Version won't allow me to "Start"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
Do you perhaps have more than one camera in the Cameras list? Does each camera have an iCam Login and Password set?

If you are still having problems you can try closing the iCamSource and deleting the com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library > Preferences folder in your home folder to reset your iCamSource settings.

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »
Have reset, restarted, and deleted the indicated file.  Now when the program pops up, it gives me the preferences screen, I fill in all the details for one camera and click the now-active Start button.  The preferences screen disappears and the icon disappears from the tray at the top of the screen.

My Macbook Pro running OSX 10.5.8 is working fine with multiple cameras.  Do you have a complete set of setup instructions for everything that needs to be done to get this program running on 10.6?  I have never been able to get it to work.  I spent several weeks back at the beginning of 2010 working with you and never did get it to work.  I even reinstalled the OS and rebuilt everything from scratch on the Mac Mini.  I had given up until I saw the new version and thought it might have resolved some of my issues.  I don't know if it did because I can't get as far as I did before.

When it works, your program is the BOMB!  But I have to get it running on the Mini and off the Macbook.  Do you really have users running this on 10.6?  Is there some mysterious switch deep in the guts of 10.6 or the Mini that needs to be flipped that I haven't flipped?

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »
Do you really have users running this on 10.6? 
Answer:  Yes. Me.  V2.1.2 fixed my problem.  I have 2 identical webcams attached which was causing the program to fail.  Once I loaded 2.1.2, everything worked.  This is awesome!  New version is very cool. :D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »
Excellent news! Thanks for the update. :)