Author Topic: iCam Source on a PC doesn't show both webcams  (Read 5485 times)

BoMwarrior

• Your Friendly Neighborhood BoMwarrior
    • View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
iCam Source on a PC doesn't show both webcams
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
Hey there!  I just got your app on my iTouch & on my Windows 7, and already am loving it more than the previous app AirCam that I have.  Though now I'm running into a little problem with my second webcam.

Q: How come on my PC in the iCam Source application I can always view the top camera in the side drop box (in preferences) and never the second one?
     Just so you know, I've tried unplugging the 2nd webcam.  Still didn't work.  I tried switching the webcams and putting the 2nd one actually on top.  Still didn't work (sorta... now the 2nd webcam I could see the picture, but the 1st could not show up now).  Any other suggestions?

Oh, and I'd post here are what it looks like for me in the beginning, but I can't figure out how to do that (the image button in these message makers doesn't let me load a photo).

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source on a PC doesn't show both webcams
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
To add a camera, click on the + button underneath the cameras pane (for a screenshot go to http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup) and follow the instructions below:

For USB, FireWire, or Built-In webcams, you should be able to make your choice from the Audio and Video drop-down lists underneath the USB / FireWire / Built-In tab.

If you add a stand-alone network IP camera, you first need to find the correct MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera. Enter it along with your camera's Login and Password (if any) into the iCamSource.

More detailed instructions are available at our Getting Started pages: http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
To add a camera, click on the + button underneath the cameras pane (for a screenshot go to http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup) and follow the instructions below:

For USB, FireWire, or Built-In webcams, you should be able to make your choice from the Audio and Video drop-down lists underneath the USB / FireWire / Built-In tab.

I must've not explained myself well... I have two cameras already hooked up via USB, so here's more detail to hopefully clear things up:

Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX (hereby known as Cam #1)
Logitech QuickCam IM/Connect (hereby known as Cam #2)
"Microphone (High Definition Audio)" used for both, even though there's four audio choices

• I make sure the marker is closer to "Better Frame Rate" rather than "Better Image Quality"
  • I make sure the "Motion Detection" is unchecked
  • I make sure the "Auto-Config Router" is unchecked, because I already have my network port-forwarding 1726 & 1826, which I learned from a lesser quality competitor of yours: AirCam
And just so you know, I have already made sure my Norton Firewall & Windows Firewall allows both
  • I use my iCam login & password I've made for both my PC & iTouch
  • When I enter Cam #1 so it's at the top of the Camera pane and enter Cam #2 so it's below Cam #1, only Cam #1 shows a picture.
  • So I take both of the cameras off with the "-" button.
  • Then I enter Cam #2 so it's at the top of the Camera pane and enter Cam #1 so it's below Cam #2, now only Cam #2 shows a picture.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:48:04 PM »
Are you attempting to view both cameras in iCamSource at the same time?

If you highlight the camera at the "bottom" of the camera's list, do you see a feed from that camera?

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
I'm not trying to view both cameras at the same time in iCamSource, and I do not see a feed from the camera at the "bottom" of the cameras list.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
What are the specifications of the computer you are you currently running iCamSource on?

Are you able to access both cameras at the same time using any other video capture software?

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »
My Computer:
  • Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (@ 2.66GHz  2.67GHz)
  • RAM: 4 GB capacity
  • C Drive: 1.36 TB capacity (using 667 GB)
With the AirCam application I was able to switch between the two webcams, but could only view them on my iTouch if I was connected to the network (not using wifi) as well with my PC.  More familiar examples to you would be that I can switch between webcams on my PC using the Logitech Vid HD application (in the settings area) or Skype (also in the settings area).  Any other questions or needed details?

P.S.  Thank you for the quick & awesome product support.  Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving!

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »
Sooo :o given up on me or just having trouble working on the problem? ???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Are your webcams plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 12:30:40 AM »
The following recently appeared when I tried started iCam Source:

Error Code 14 - RenderStream failed.
                  Rebooting your computer or updating your webcam drivers may resolve the problem.

So I restarted the computer while making sure Windows is fully updated, that the webcams drivers were updated, and no other video capture program software was running.   Then in answer to your other question, I did have the two cameras plugged into a USB hub (that works fine for my iTouch), but it still didn't work.  I have now plugged them directly into the computer and they work now, I just wish they'd work with the USB hub cus the cords can only reach so far.

Thanks for the help!  ;D  Hopefully y'all can improve the software to accept USB hubs someday!

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »
Scratch that.  :-[  Still doesn't work, but I'm leaving it plugged in directly to the computer till further notice.  So please help still... please:'(

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »
Ok, (wish I could figure out how to post screenshots here) I got a bubble message from the lower right icon area sometime between my last post and now that said:

USB Controller Bandwidth Exceeded
                  The controller does not have enough bandwidth available for the Logitech USB Camera (IM/Connect).
                  For assistance in solving this problem click this message.

So I just barely closed down a downloader I have, as well as closing down my Carbonite online backup.  I then tried iCam Source and still had the problem I've been having.  So unless the above message means something to you, we may be back to square one.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 03:13:19 AM »
How many USB peripheral devices do you have connected?

Error code 14 means that the iCamSource is having problems communicating with your webcam.

Please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

If possible, please send me a screenshot of the iCamSource window to support@skjm.com so I can verify the settings. Please reference this post and your username in your email.

BoMwarrior

• View Profile
    • Hawc Productions
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Okay, just sent you ALL the screenshots I've made along the way.

Just fyi for those following this thread: I recently talked to my dad (who's a very intelligent family practitioner, including extensive technological knowledge) and he's told me that to increase the "USB bus bandwidth" I'll need a new motherboard or processor.  It's about time for a upgrade anyway, so unless SKJM can think of something I may just need to do that.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
Thank you for the screenshots.

One thing you may try is to plug the USB webcams into different USB ports on your computer. Sometimes moving a camera to a different port has a positive effect.

Another option is to remove other USB peripherals so that the USB bus is not having to power those as well.

A third option is to try running the iCamSource with "No Audio" selected for both webcams to see if that too has any effect.