Author Topic: NOT WORKING on 3G or different Wifi !  (Read 4975 times)

karyan

• View Profile
NOT WORKING on 3G or different Wifi !
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
This APP used to rock, but since the latest updates, either to the iPhone or Computer.....  I'm unable to use it while on 3G.
or on a different WiFi. I have read the instructions on port forwarding, but I dont get it. What I also don't get is why we have to go through all that trouble again if it was working before ... What did you guys do ? Updates are meant to enhance something not break it.....   I don't know what else to do, this APP is useless, and if no fixes or suggestions, I will ask the APP store to refund my money and recommend to others who are experiencing same problem as me to do the same.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: NOT WORKING on 3G or different Wifi !
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 12:57:58 AM »
In the future, you'd probably do better to ask for help instead of just whining. Normally if people can't set something up, they ask for help. They don't run around calling products useless (especially after admitting their own incompetence). Just saying! Anyway, here are a few questions that might help the SKJM guys help you.

Have you tried enabling the auto port configuration within icamsource.exe?
If so, have you also enabled uPNP in the router (and restarted it)?
Have you tried (in this order) uninstalling icamsource, removing the icamsource registry information (there's a link on here somewhere for the file that will remove it), and then installing the previous version of icamsource that you had installed?
If so, have you tried asking the SKJM guys for help with manual port forwarding? They are very helpful and care about their customers. Maybe you should give them a chance to help before coming on their website and trashing their product.

The program will function properly once it's set up properly. Because communications between various networks can be very complicated, there are only a certain number of things that they can do within the program to make it work "right out of the box." Depending on router hardware used by you, your ISP, etc, etc, it might work without manual port forwarding...but sometimes manual port forwarding is required. It's no fault of their own. Manual port forwarding is more secure anyway, and it is more consistent once it's set up.

Anytime a program works over various networks, it is very technical. There isn't an "easy button" for networking over the Internet...so this isn't SKJM's fault.

tealsteam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 01:15:12 AM »
your problem most likely lies with port forwarding.

if you have tried to port forward and it worked, but then stopped,
try setting your machine to a static ip instead of a routers dhcp.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »
karyan - The latest updates didn't include any changes to the underlying connection code, so if iCam 1.3.1 was working for you then 2.0 should as well.

If you are running the latest iCamSource, have you tried connecting via 3G with the Auto-Config Router checkbox both checked and unchecked? When you check the checkbox and click the Start button, do you see a status message having to do with either UPnP or NAT-PMP? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
I get the following error. 

Error : UPnP 0 : NAT-PMP 3,-7,61

I'm an old man and Im not too good with this computer techie stuff. All I know is that iCam was working fine until the last update then everything went out.....

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:54:19 PM »
Also..... I should mention that I'm in Japan and unfortunately y router is not listed on the PortWard webpage you have on your instructions.

I have a Corega  CG-WLBARGNL  Router

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
I'm guessing the router's configuration page is in Japanese? Do you read or speak Japanese? I searched for an English version of the user guide for that router, but didn't find anything. If you don't speak or read Japanese, you might have to find a local to help you figure out the router's webpage. I don't envy you...setting up manual port forwarding is kinda tricky when the router page is already in your native language. You might be able to fumble through the setup by comparing your routers webpage to a webpage of a Linksys router or something. I'm sure the text boxes would look somewhat similar in layout, etc. You'd have much less of a headache if you could hire a local tech person to help you get it set up though. It shouldn't take a knowledgeable person more than 30 minutes to an hour to get the whole thing up and running (including static IP addresses for your icamsource computer and any IP cameras, as well as port forwarding configuration in the router and, if necessary, in your firewall software). I would also ask them to teach you (maybe write down) what links to click on in order to change the router password so you can change it once they leave. I would also monitor them to make sure that they only open/forward the ports suggested by SKJM (12000-12100). Good luck!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »
karyan - Do you know if you were running version 1.3.1 of iCam previously? iCam 1.3.1 was released in March of this year, so if you updated or first installed iCam between then and now you were most likely running iCam 1.3.1, and you should be able to get back to the state that you were at previously, as there really weren't any changes to the underlying iCam connection code.

From the Auto-Config Router status message it seems like your router either doesn't support UPnP or NAT-PMP or it isn't enabled, so you should probably un-check the checkbox for now.

If you have looked at the Port Forwarding instructions, have you enabled the Port Forward Range checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, I would make sure it is unchecked unless you have the appropriate rules setup in your router.

Also, you can try uninstalling the latest iCamSource and reverting to the previous version (1.4.2.6) from our website if you think that might have made the difference. Do you possibly remember what the previous version was that you were running?

Are you running the Windows or Mac OS X version of the iCamSource?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:06:24 PM »
When I was running 1.3.1 , everything was fine, it was the next update that messed things up, I thought the latest release would of fixed things but it didn't.

As far as conecting to my router I cannot, I lost the CD for the driver and am unable to connect to the routers settings, I checked the Corega homepage but no drivers are available.

I wonder if I go back to 1.3.1 if that would fix it

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »
Are you running Windows or Mac? If you're on Windows, click Start > Run > type: cmd > press enter > type: ipconfig > press enter. Write down the IP address of your gateway (which is your router's internal IP address). Open IE or some other browser and type the IP address into the address bar and press enter. Do not start the address with "www." This should allow you to access the router's settings (assuming you know the username/password). Then you can set up manual port forwarding or enable uPNP. On Mac, you'd need to figure out how to find out the gateway's IP address..then do the same thing with Mac's browser.

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:25:53 AM »
MAC

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:55 AM »
however when I type my routers IP address..... the 192.168.1.1  it doesnt connect to my router, it goes straight to the google searches

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:10 AM »
Do you use Time Machine with your Mac? If so, then you may be able to find the old (1.3.1) ipa version of iCam.

By default your apps are located in Music / iTunes / Mobile Applications in your home folder. If that folder is backed-up in Time Machine you may be able to get the old 1.3.1 iCam.ipa file and re-sync it to your iPhone to see if that helps.

karyan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »
I installed 1.3.1 back on my iPhone and still no luck... I have no idea what changed and why all of a sudden it stopped working.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
I am assuming that you are using the previous version of the iCamSource (1.4.2.6) with iCam 1.3.1, correct?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.