Author Topic: iCamSource - Connecting.....  (Read 2137 times)

dpblock

• View Profile
iCamSource - Connecting.....
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »
I had everything set up and working, but now when i use the icam app on my phone i get the no sources found error.  I checked that the passwords were correct between iCamSource and iCam.  iCamSource shows the Connecting.... message in the title bar and i have auto config router checked and it is showing UPnP Success 12000->12000.  Can't find any other information for troubleshooting this error.

dkb52

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource - Connecting.....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11:04 AM »
I've had this same problem the past few days.  Not sure what has changed (if anything); but I had "Auto-Start" selected in iCamSource.  After unchecking that box, iCamSource seems to load, and "connect to server" fine.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »
If you see "Connecting ..." then the iCamSource is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server, and is either being blocked by firewall or security software on your computer or your network. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

The Auto-Start in iCamSource simply Starts (instead of you having to click the Start button in the preference window) iCamSource when you Open the program.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
If you see "Connecting ..." then the iCamSource is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server, and is either being blocked by firewall or security software on your computer or your network. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

The Auto-Start in iCamSource simply Starts (instead of you having to click the Start button in the preference window) iCamSource when you Open the program.

Interesting, since iCamSource would "hang" on Connecting... when Auto-Start Was Checked (saving me a step).  When "connecting..." I would press STOP, and then START again (manually) and I would get to "Connected to Server."  I'm sure you are correct, and something in my firewall or network settings change between pressing "STOP" and "START" in iCamSource.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working. If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.