Author Topic: I Give Up  (Read 2860 times)

go2pub

• View Profile
I Give Up
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
Well, I've been trying for 24 hours to get this to work and I just give up. I did try emailing support but they didn't appear to even have read my email let alone provide a solution.
I bought the app, installed the latest version of icamsource 2.3.0.1 BETA everything seemed fine, I connected watched the camera on my phone, great, until I try connecting through another wifi connection then nothing except Source Connection Error. I've done just about everything I could find on the forums and troubleshooting section but nothing has worked so far.

I really think you need to amend your sales pitch for this as a working 'out of the box' product. I'm sure it does work for some people but the number of views on this forum of topics relating to connection errors I think proves there's a lot of people it doesn't work for.

My set up is a very standard 'British Telecom' home broadband package, probably the most common in the UK. I've got a BT Homehub 2 with one windows xp pc connected via ethernet and a couple of laptops using wifi. I've tried icamsource on both the direct connected pc and a laptop, both with the same result. I also tried setting up port forwarding to the laptop, even though the auto config showed a success message, but still no luck.
So that's about it for now, just going to have to look for a different solution.  :'(

Nigel

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: I Give Up
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:55 PM »
Patience is key. The customer support here is excellent...just give them a chance to help you. Once you get it up and running, you will LOVE iCam like I do. And in their defense, their program is as good as any other networking product is as far as working "out of the box" goes. Networks can get VERY complex...too complex to program for every possibility that would be encountered. Plus, SKJM has no way of knowing if people have firewalls installed, etc. But for those of us who have to or chose to use the advanced network settings, it can be painful (as most networking is for the inexperienced). Anyway, I hope they get you set up soon. Good luck!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
Go2pub is currently receiving support through email.

Earlybird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
I've been trying for several hours to set up icamsource so I can monitor my ill husband by webcam or iphone when I run errands.  I am already ready to give up.  icam source shuts down after ony a few seconds of being open, and I get a message that windows will let me know if they find a solution to this problem. 

I just want a simple plug and play experience and thought that is what I was getting.  Can you please tell me if there is a way to set this up with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, and if it will be dependable after it is set up??

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:21:08 PM »
I've been trying for several hours to set up icamsource so I can monitor my ill husband by webcam or iphone when I run errands.  I am already ready to give up.  icam source shuts down after ony a few seconds of being open, and I get a message that windows will let me know if they find a solution to this problem. 

I just want a simple plug and play experience and thought that is what I was getting.  Can you please tell me if there is a way to set this up with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, and if it will be dependable after it is set up??

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.