Author Topic: Icam source error on HTC android  (Read 2645 times)

thatscold

• View Profile
Icam source error on HTC android
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »
Hey there , hoping someone can lend a hand . I've been running icam for a number of years and just the other day when I go to run the client on the android phone it doesn't even take a second and I get the no sources found error popping up , this is on two different sources completely though both will result in the the same error , both sources are working on a friends iphone however , I've tried uninstalling the icam client on the phone and reinstalling it and still the same error , the no sources found comes up so quick that you can tell its not even trying to go out and search for the source
any help or ideas would be appreciated
cheers

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam source error on HTC android
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:49:35 PM »
It’s possible that the iCam app settings on the Android phone have gotten into a bad state.

On your Android phone, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and then choose iCam and the "Clear Data".  Then try connecting again.

thatscold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
thank you for the reply , your email sort of got me wondering on a corrupt network direction , turns out that avast anti virus comes with a basic firewall that appears to be disabled but for some reason when I removed avast and reset the Icam app and  it kicked in , can't say Im overly surprised my mistake for not looking a little harder , but last week was a little bit of a blur , dealing with cryptolocker virus on a work server , fun n games, but thanks for your help and thanks for an awesome app !

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:52 AM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.