Author Topic: RTSP IP Camera  (Read 9971 times)

KiZD

• View Profile
RTSP IP Camera
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »
Hello,

I need to hear the sound of my IP Cameras, and it's not possible via jpg or mjpeg stream. My IP cameras can stream audio/video via RTSP, but I don't find any app that can handle this format in my iPod Touch. Can iCam support this format?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RTSP IP Camera
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
The iCamSource currently supports most network IP cameras that support MJPEG over HTTP. The iCamSource does not support RTSP at this time.

KiZD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:09:28 AM »
:(:(

Thank you anyway

echiang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »
This is a belated reply, but for iOS - when it was available, VLC could do RTSP streams. I was able to get video and sound from my ip netcams. Unfortunately, it is no longer available on the iTunes store.

I did find another app that handles RTSP in iOS, OPlayer. There is a Lite version that is free with ads and a paid version. I found the user interface difficult to understand, but it did handle the RTSP streams from my trendnet IP422W and LTS LTCIP830MV.

You may also want to check the iTunes store to see if your netcam's manufacturer has an app.  Trendnet recently created an app for their netcams that does video with audio.

Of course, I am looking forward to when iCam has more support for audio. :)