Author Topic: Daft question...  (Read 8852 times)

sunken

• View Profile
Daft question...
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:31:38 AM »
I have the icam app running on my iPad. It's working great. So much so that I'm thinking of installing the app on my Android phone. I realise I'll have to pay again as they're different formats but that's ok. With this in mind I've got two questions, the second of which may seem a bit daft.

1: Will having icam running on an iPad and an android phone cause any issues of conflict (given that the source software is installed on the same PC)

2: This may seem a stupid question, but how would I log icam off on the android phone? I wouldn't want to log off via the PC (the source software) as I'd want the iPad to continue monitoring. I can't seem to find a logging off option on the iPad version and am wondering if its the same on android. I wouldn't want my android phone eating into my data plan and would therefore only want to connect it to icam when I know I have wifi coverage.

Hope this is clear enough for someone to make sense of and to advise.

Cheers,

sunken.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Daft question...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
1. You can run iCam on both iOS and Android devices without any conflict.
2. iCam uses about 10-20 KB per second while viewing cameras (on 3G, more on Wi-Fi) otherwise it does not use data when the App is closed.

sunken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 04:14:42 AM »
 :) Thanks for replying. I've just downloaded the app to my android phone and it's working perfectly. Thanks again for the info.

sunken.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »
You are most welcome. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.