Author Topic: Connection Issues - Completely lost  (Read 1576 times)

JonPonikvar

• View Profile
Connection Issues - Completely lost
« on: August 16, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
I bought iCam a few days ago and it works perfectly when connected via WiFi, but I can't get any sort of a server connection over a 3G network. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting guides here, enabled port forwarding through a static ip on my router (a Netgear WGT624 v3), and I still can't get it to work.

Doing a quick test of the portchecker, it still says that my UDP ports are blocked, but I've enabled almost the entire range of available ports through my router. It still doesn't seem to be working at all, and I have no idea what else I can do outside of just buying a new router that doesn't have such an issue with letting me forward ports properly. I've set a static IP for my laptop running the camsource, set that IP as the server for the port forwarding.... and got nothing.

Any idea if there is a specific problem with my type of router with getting proper port forwarding? Or if it's the fact that I'm using Comcast as my internet provider?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Connection Issues - Completely lost
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:59:24 AM »
I don't know of any specific problems with your router model;  Comcast shouldn't be an issue, either.

Please email a screenshot of your router's port forwarding settings to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.