Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 237080 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »
If you forwarded ports in your router when you had DSL, I would visit the port checker link from the computer running the iCamSource to see if your router's port forwarding settings are still valid (to see if port 12000 is OPEN or BLOCKED): http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12000

ssmithct

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
Changed my password and connection problem went away. 

It was working fine (original password was correct), then it stopped working randomly.  I tried everything (including port forwarding) and even though it said "Connected to Server" in iCam Source, I couldn't view the cam from my iPhone. 

I changed the PW on the source (and then the phone) and then everything worked.

sharp

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
Hi, I can get any of them to work it works on wifi but not on 3g and edge and my modem or router is a wireless modem from thre broadband

thank you i will be waiting for replies

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »
sharp is currently receiving support via e-mail.

austinbyrne

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
Hey, I am getting this error on my iPhone 4 using the WiFi in a hotel. But when I connect to http://skjm.com/icam/web/ i can see my sources fine. I am not in the country and so unable to configure the iCam software running on the source Mac. Is there anything I can do?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
Are the iPhone and the computer running iCamWeb connected to the same local network?

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
Hello there... I am one of the unfortunates, afflicted with the "source connection error" over 3G on my iphone. Everything works fine on my wifi network.

My setup: iCam 2.0.1 for iphone, and iCam Source 2.2.1 for windows. Running a webcam, cable modem (non-wifi), D-Link DIR-655, airport express (running as a client only), all over winXP. Avast antivirus, windows firewall.

I set up port forwarding on the D-Link, and confirmed it was open using the previously provided links. IP address is reserved via the router. I can see the cam on my wifi network, but not over 3G. Nor can I see the cam over the net using http://skjm.com/icam/web/ . Same error I get over 3G:

"One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."

Please Help.

Phil

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »
Did you enable manual port forwarding in icamsource using the registry file? Are you sure you've set the same ports in icamsource as you are forwarding in your router?

You say the computer's IP address is reserved in the router. Have you confirmed that your computer is actually assigned that IP address? In other words, run CMD in Windows and type ipconfig to see the IP address assigned to your computer.

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
I did use the reg file to enable port forwarding. Ports are set the same in both apps: 12000-12100 under UDP.

Confirmed ip addy in ipconfig.

Thanks for the double checks. I was hoping for something simple too. I also temporarily turned off windows firewall. No joy. Any other suggestions?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »
Hmmm...that's odd. And you're forwarding those UPD ports to the IP address of your computer (not the camera if an IP camera)? How did you confirm the UDP ports were open?

Oh, also, have you tried rebooting everything? I remember that I had to reboot my router before the port forwarding took effect. I did it by unplugging it, not just a soft reboot. Not sure if that mattered, but maybe worth a try.

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
Yup, forwarding ports to the ip addy of my machine (verified in ipconfig). Confirmed open ports via http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12100.

Tried rebooting the desktop, and then did a hard restart of the router too, just to be thorough. Still no go. Connects via wifi no problem, but not via 3G. I did check the java web address again (from my computer), and it shows there too, but not via the iphone's app over 3G.

I'm stumped. Kind of useless to me without a 3G view... :(

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
Are you sure the router is forwarding the range of UDP ports and not just 12000 and 12100? I think each camera requires a range of 7 ports...so maybe if only 2 are being forwarded, it wouldn't work?

Or maybe your Internet provider is blocking UDP traffic? But if that was the case, I don't think the port checking website would be able to confirm the ports as open. Very strange. I'm leaning towards some issue having to do with port forwarding. What is the model of your router? I think there was a specific Linksys that didn't forward ports correctly. But again, if that was the case, I'm not sure the port forwarding site would've been able to confirm the open ports.

You said the icam web view works, right? Do you have a jailbroken iPhone? Do you have a firewall program installed on your iPhone?

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »
Hmmmm... I'll check the ports in between and update...

Router is D-Link DIR-655, pretty popular model so if there was some compatibility issue, it'd show by now?

Yes, icam view web view works (at least it does on my network, but it is a web addy, so it should work anywhere. right?) And the iCam app shows me a view on my ip4 while I'm on my wifi network.

Nope, iphone is not Jailbroken, and is not running a firewall program.

Thanks for the help so far... really appreciate it!

Cheers
Phil

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
Okay, just an update: I did some random port checking, from 12000 all the way to 12100, and all seemed open...

Also, I tried putting my computer in the "DMZ" (demilitarized zone) of my router, which made no difference. Then I turned off my firewall altogether. No difference. Hmmmm....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:27:39 PM by mitsukuni »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »
I'm not sure how that website (portchecker.net) checks the port...it might be doing the check locally (on your computer and not the router) instead of over the Internet (through the router). Try downloading PFPortChecker (free from portforward.com) to check over the Internet that the port is open. I use this program myself, and someone else has recommended it in a previous post. Just make sure that you allow it to communicate through your firewall so it can perform the check. Once you install it and run it, just make sure you select UDP. If it still says the port is open, then I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Maybe try uninstalling icamsource, clearing the registry with SKJM's icamsource registry cleaner file, then reinstalling icamsource and re-entering the manual port forwarding information. I know that's a pain, but that's all I can think of at this point, other than possibly having a setting wrong in your router or on your computer somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:43:21 PM by OUAnthony »