Author Topic: Started getting error 14 after installing latest software  (Read 2305 times)

jdominicis

• View Profile
Started getting error 14 after installing latest software
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »
I have been running Icam source on an XP computer with a surveilance camera connected to a video capture card. Everythig worked fine until I downloaded the latest icamsource sofware. After that I have been receiving error 14. At the beginning it would connect sometimes after rebooting the computer. I downloaded the two items suggested in the support page and now the icamsource doesnot even open. It inmediately gives me the error 14.  Is there a way I can go back to the old software? Any other solutions?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Started getting error 14 after installing latest software
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 02:34:05 AM »
We've had one other report from a user with a video capture card that is also seeing the Error 14.  He started getting that error after installing a Microsoft security update on 02/09.  Is your capture card a WinTV PCI card? 

I haven't been able to replicate the problem on my Windows Vista computer with a USB camera. I'll try it on a Windows XP computer tomorrow, but both of the reports so far have been with video capture cards, so there's a good chance I won't be able to replicate it on the XP machine either.

The previous version of iCamSource is available here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.3.6.exe

Make sure you uninstall iCamSource at Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs  before you try to install the previous version.

jdominicis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
The link you sent me is to the version 1.3.6. I think that is the version I had.
 I downloaded it, installed and it did not work.  ???
 I used system restore and restored my system to the day before I had downloaded the last version (Jan 25). After retoring the system I am back to version 1.2.1 Beta. This version works for me. :D
Answering your question, my capture card is in the mother board of a sony computer.
 Is there another version of the Icam source sofware? Is there a place were I can download version 1.2.1?
Thank you for your help.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »
You can download version 1.2.1 here: http://skjm.com/icam/_old/iCamSetup1.2.1.exe

I doubt it will resolve your problem, but it can't hurt to try.

If your problem is caused by the Microsoft security patch that I mentioned in my previous post, here's the latest info on that:

I tried to replicate the problem on my Windows XP computer, but it's working fine even with the latest Windows updates installed. 

It seems like that patch may have introduced some problem with certain video capture boards.  The patch description mentions AVI decoding, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the video capture functions used by iCamSource.  The only thing I could think of was the possibility that the capture card actually captures the video in AVI format, then transcodes the AVI data for the programs trying to access the video feed.  Or it's just an unrelated bug introduced by the patch.