Author Topic: Problems with ICam on Android  (Read 4870 times)

Ni8ck8

• View Profile
Problems with ICam on Android
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
There is a bug with slider phones if you slide out the keyboard it crashes the program :( I also can not get it to work over 3g only wifi is anyone else having this problem? I am on andorid 2.1 with samsung intercept.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ICam on Android
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »
We'll have to try and get our hands on a phone with a sliding keyboard (the ones we have do not) or simulate it in the emulator to see if we can replicate the issue.

As for not connecting via 3G, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what status message appears after you have clicked the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

Ni8ck8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »
Will try those things out thanks!

Ni8ck8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:24:31 AM »
Ok I tryed the auto config router button it says UPnP Succes 12000 -> 12000.

It still does not work on the android i get same message, Source connection error   One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

So I guess next step is to email what you have said.

Ni8ck8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
Thanks for all the help again, and if you needed more info on the slider keyboard all that happens, when you slide the keyboard out the screen goes black then takes you back to the main page of your phone and a message pops up that says, Sorry! The application iCam (process com.skjm.icam) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I am on android 2.1 unsure if all of the OS having the same problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Thank you for that additional information, Ni8ck8. I believe we may have been able to replicate the issue in the emulator, so we are going to see if we can come up with a fix.

If it fixes things in the emulator then hopefully it will fix things for the slider phones as well.

Ni8ck8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:32:47 PM »
Thanks for trying to fix it! Your awsome I bought the Ispy app on ipod touch to support you guys some more keep up the good work!

a042349

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
Hi Stefan, long time (pleased)  iOS user and I've been waiting for the Android version, which I just purchased.

Latest iCamSource running in "Auto-Config Router" mode, running on three PC's with four cams (one wireless doubled up on one PC).

I have an iPhone 4 and ipad and it's working great on those.

On my two Android devices it's very spotty at best, to the point of not being usable. It just sits on "Connecting to iCamSources" and usually times out. Sometimes it loads one or two cameras, but their motion is spotty (frozen pics not videos) at times. Every once in a while it loads up great. But very rarely.

Both Android devices are new and running 2.2 One is a Dell Streak, one is the HTC Desire Z.

And as I said, for the most part my iOS devices seem to work fine, even while Android is timing out.

I'll also forward this to support, along with my external IP address.

Thanks,

-JS

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
a042349 is currently getting support via e-mail ...

auroraque

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
yes...im having the same problem with this app aswell.

First bought it when came out on iphone worked well.

Then all of a sudden only worked with WIFI.

Tried endlessly to figure out with new router...support is awesome guys no probs...but unfortunately it still doesnt work.

Saw with android and immediatley downloaded and the app is continually stuck on the "connecting to iCamSources"

I know it should work but ive spent may hours and i just cant figure this out.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what status message appears after you have clicked the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3