Author Topic: False Notifications  (Read 3793 times)

sOulbAit

• View Profile
False Notifications
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Hi Guys:

I am getting too many false notifications. I have the camera set up in my spare bedroom. Nothing moving in there unless I walk into the room. I check the log photos and nothing is in the room when it goes off. I have set the sensitiveity to the lowest level and also changed it to check less offen and I still keep getting about 4-10 notifications an hours. I thought it might be the auto focus, so I disabled that and it did not help.

I have had to turn off the push notifcations as it was too aggrivating.

Any ideas and what is triggering this?

There is one acception, at night when there is no light in the room (sunlight thru the windows - camera is not looking at the windows directly). It does not send the notifications. Which is the way it is suppose to work.

Thanks Guys and keep up the fantastic work.

sOulbAit

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: False Notifications
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »
How many images are stored per event? Is anything in the images that might indicate what the issue is, like maybe shadows or sunlight shining into the room?

sOulbAit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 05:47:57 AM »
Hi Support:

Thanks for the reply. There is only one event each time. Nothing in the photo to pinpoint any movement. I do have two windows in the room. Some days my curtins are open and some days I keep them closed. The camera is not directly pointed at the windows.

I have the auto zoom turned off, I thought that is what was causing it, but it did not have any effect.

I have also change the brightness from darker to lighter and it has no effect either.

Thanks again and if you can think of anything, please let me know. :)

sOulbAit

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »
The motion detection logic compares sequential images from the webcam. If enough pixels are different, then a motion detection event is fired off. The most common reason for those changes is motion, but some other possible reasons are sudden brightness changes, auto zoom, and auto focus. You mentioned that you turned off auto-zoom. Does your camera have auto-focus functionality? If so, try disabling it temporarily to see if it has any effect on the problem.

sOulbAit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
Hi SKJM Support:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I mentioned that I disabled the auto zoom. I ment to say auto focus. I am sorry for the mix up. The zoom is a manual control.

I did find another auto control, it is for the auto white balance. I have disabled that and I will see if that helps.

Thanks again.

sOulbAit

Kiwicamfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:44:38 PM »
This has come up as a problem and feature request a number of times before so if I may take this opportunity to put in a bid for enhancement in this area...

I get 1-frame event notifications a lot - especially if it's windy, cloudy days with sun breaks, and at sunrise/sunset when the light is shifting. This is my single biggest issue with what is in most regards a great product for a very cheap price.

Please, please.... give us a setting that makes it possible to suppress 1 (or 2,3) frame alerts.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »
I second that request. :) Would be a good addition...and, to a non-programmer at least, it seems like it'd be easy to implement.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 07:20:18 AM »
Now that the Android version of iCam includes notifications and motion events (like its iOS counterpart) we are focusing on adding features to the iCamSource and iCam, so that functionality may be included in a future release.

rlb2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »
"Third" the request.  this is an Awesome product, and if we could look at anything greater than 4-5 image changes would be huge for me.

Great job!  look forward ot future releases!

Rob

me2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
I would use that setting. 

I do get light change notifications every once in a while and they're always just one frame so having an option to ignore 1, 2, 3 frames might be useful?