Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 3052 times)

namrufmot

• View Profile
Where do I start?
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:11:37 PM »
Trying to use Icamweb to spy on my cat!  :D

I can get it to work on my friend's PC, but not his laptop. He has Vista, IE8, and the latest Flash.

When the page goes to load it says it finds 1 source, but nothing shows up (not even the box where the video should be) and the page just says "done".

Where should I begin? Is it his router?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by namrufmot »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
iCamWeb actually uses Java, not Flash. Do you have the latest Java installed from http://java.com ?

namrufmot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »
Doh! that was me typing late at night..yes I meant to say Java. I downloaded the lastest version and confirmed it....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »
If you wait for 30-60 seconds, do you see a message box pop-up? If so, it will most likely say "Source Connection Error".

If you are able to connect from his PC but not his laptop, are they on the same local network? Does he perhaps have more than one router on his network? This can cause issues with the iCam auto-connection logic if there are multiple routers on the network each creating their own sub-networks.

namrufmot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
No you can wait an hour and no error message pops up. It just says "1 source found" and "done" at the bottom but you never see a thing. Not even the outline of the window where the video should be.

His laptop is run on a wireless router. A belkin....could it be some sort of port problem?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »
Is the laptop connected to the same router as the PC that it does work on? Or is the Belkin WiFi router connected to a different router? If there is more than one router on his network then yes, that can cause a problem for the iCam auto-connection logic.

Have you also tried a different web browser?

namrufmot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:05:25 AM »
same router...both pc and laptop connected to it

no I havent tried another browser..which one has the best results?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »
I personally use FireFox, but it should work in pretty much all of the major modern browsers.