Author Topic: Fatal Error During iCamSource installation on my Windows PC running Vista...  (Read 4427 times)

astroboy72

• View Profile
I have tried numerous times to download the iCamSource software on my Windows PC (running Vista), but I keep getting the same error message (below) every single time.  I've already paid for the app that is installed on my Android phone.  So that part is done, but I cannot get iCamSource installed on my computer to save my life.  I have read through some of the forums suggesting I use this file (Visual C++ Redistributable Package: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe) to fix the problem, and it does not help.  I also read to make sure my Firewall isn't blocking iCamSource, but, of course since it will not install, it does show up an available running software to be blocked by a firewall.  Please help.  I'm at a total loss what to do.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Component Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86) has failed to install with the following error message:
"Fatal error during installation. "
The following components failed to install:
- Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)
See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDD490.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you have all of the latest Windows Vista updates installed? Does the vcredist_x86.exe installer crash as well?

There is a newer Visual C++ Redistribution available from Microsoft that might do the trick: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

astroboy72

• View Profile
no, the vcredist_x86.exe installer did not crash.  i did uninstall it and reinstalled using the newer visual C++ redistribution file you provided below and that portion installed fine just like the other did.  and then i tried installing the icamsource software again and got the same error message (see below).  i pasted the contents of that install.log file in hopes that maybe you might be able to take a look at it and help me figure out what the problem is that way.  thanks, Stefan.  i have a cousin in France named Stefan.  :)

Component Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86) has failed to install with the following error message:
"A failure occurred attempting to install Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)."
The following components failed to install:
- Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)
See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\install.log' for more information.

INSTALL LOG:

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.2 {version}
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)', phase BuildList
Running external check with command 'C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\DotNetFX\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters ''
Process exited with code 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'
Read string value '8.0.6001.18943'
Setting value '8.0.6001.18943 {string}' for property 'IEVersion'

The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)':
Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
Property: [IEVersion] = 8.0.6001.18943 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\instmsia.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)', phase BuildList
Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode '{E503B4BF-F7BB-3D5F-8BC8-F694B1CFF942}'
MsiQueryProductState returned '-1'
Setting value '-1 {int}' for property 'VCRedistInstalled'

The following properties have been set for package 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)':
Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = -1 {int}
Running checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'VCRedistInstalled' and value '3': false
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
Skipping FailIf because Property 'Version9X' was not defined
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.00': false
Result of checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' is 'Install'
'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList

The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Installation of components 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)' was accepted.
Copying files to temporary directory "C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\"
Copying from 'C:\Program Files\iCamSource\AppData\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' to 'C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Running checks for package 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)', phase BeforePackage
Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode '{E503B4BF-F7BB-3D5F-8BC8-F694B1CFF942}'
MsiQueryProductState returned '-1'
Setting value '-1 {int}' for property 'VCRedistInstalled'

The following properties have been set for package 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)':
Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = -1 {int}
Running checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'VCRedistInstalled' and value '3': false
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
Skipping FailIf because Property 'Version9X' was not defined
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.00': false
Result of checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' is 'Install'
'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Installing using command 'C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2EC4.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' and parameters ' /q:a '
Process exited with code 4101
Status of package 'Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)' after install is 'InstallFailed'

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is odd is that the installer does not think that the VC++ Runtime  Libraries are installed, but they are.  ???

Since you have both the .NET and VC++ Runtime installed, then the iCamSource should work on your computer.

I have zipped up the files that are copied by the installer: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.2.1.zip

If you unzip that folder to your C:\Program Files folder then the iCamSource should still run without having to rely on the installer.

gregory60060

• View Profile
i just have to say thank you because i was having this same problem and since you bundled it up for me it worked but my bad connection makes it really hard to have a good picture and frame rate at the same time so i need a new router but other than that i like it so thanks!!!!!!!!!!!