Author Topic: Love the app!! Having issues at work  (Read 2245 times)

hottraxdj

• View Profile
Love the app!! Having issues at work
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:02:53 AM »
Great app! I would have paid twice as much for it!

My ex-wife has a tendency to enter my home while I am at work so I set up my three lappys webcams to monitor the house while I am away. I am using an Acer Aspire One, (built in) Acer Aspire 5610, (built in) and a Dell Lattitude, (Logitech USB external)  All work great on my iPod Touch at home. The iCamweb client also works well at home. The problem starts when I try to view them at work on the Touch and on the PC's at work. I know that the usernames and passwords are correct. The message below is what I see.

Broker Connection Error

Your network may be preventing you from making
a UDP connection to the iCam Broker Server.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I just signed up for the forums but spent a good deal of time reading the posts. I was particularly impressed with the time spent assisting 'netis' from China so in my book that makes you iPod App Royalty.
Thanks!!
Ken

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Love the app!! Having issues at work
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »
Ken - Thank you for your positive feedback. :)

As for your connectivity issue, the problem might be that your work network is more restrictive than most, not allowing outgoing UDP communication to the Internet. I am not sure if you can ask whoever is responsible for IT to see if this is the case.

In the meantime, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from either your iPod or computer at work and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com, referencing this forum post, then I can attempt to look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs to see if we can gain some more insight into what might be happening.

hottraxdj

• View Profile
Re: Love the app!! Having issues at work
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:34 AM »
Work IP addy sent. Thanks!! :)
Ken