Author Topic: Where is Dynamic DNS option?  (Read 1594 times)

dizlem

• View Profile
Where is Dynamic DNS option?
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »
Is it possible to please add the functionality for the iCamSource and iCam to use dynamic DNS instead of updating via your servers please?

Each router reset gives me a new IP from my ISP which is automatically updated to DynDNS by my router, however the iCamSource for some reason requires a stop and start to send the new IP address to your servers so I can connect externally - this appears to be an architectural flaw as I don't see another option for handling IP changes without performing a stop/start

If there was a dynamic DNS option I wouldn't need to restart the source as my dynamic name would always be correct.  In addition surely this would significantly lessen the load on your servers as I presume you are not holding IP addresses for any other purpose ...

Otherwise a really great app.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Dynamic DNS option?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.