Author Topic: What will push notification inform me about???  (Read 4443 times)

poolec4

• View Profile
What will push notification inform me about???
« on: June 18, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
i was just wondering what will be pushed onto my ipod.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What will push notification inform me about???
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
The push notification will let you know that motion has been detected on one of your iCamSources, and allow you to instantly connect to it and view what is going on.

Here is a preview video of it in action: http://skjm.com/icam/vid.php?id=2

poolec4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
and will it record that motion so you can view what happened?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
No, push notifications only involve the notification. Recording video on motion is a feature that has been requested in the past and is on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

poolec4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »
thanks for your help!! i hope to see recording from motion in the next version

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:16:52 AM »
I installed everything and got it working OK. But I can't set the Push Notification. On the iCamSource the checkbox is there but does not react to the mouse clicks. On the iPhone, the video shows zooming and then touching once to bring up controls and double touch to zoom back out. When I zoom in to the one camera I have it fills the screen but then does not do anything when I single touch. Double touch does zoom out again. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to update. I have iCamSource Beta 1.2.5 and iCam on the iPhone version 1.1.2 per th icam options screen on the iphone. Thanks for your help.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
Motion Detection and Push Notification are both features that will be available on the next version of iCam.  The next version is finished and was submitted to Apple about a week ago, so we're just waiting for Apple to approve it.  That process has taken several weeks in the past.  When the new version comes out, it will include motion detection and it will have an optional add-on for push-notifications ($0.99 US)

Bill Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »
So are you saying that the video shows how it is GOING TO BE with the NEXT release and not how it works now? If that was explained somewhere on your site - I missed it. $0.99 for the Push Notifications seems very reasonable....thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »
Bill Stewart -  Yes, that's correct. Sorry for any confusion.