Author Topic: how to remove icam source and retry  (Read 3473 times)

andrewscott

• View Profile
how to remove icam source and retry
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:42:42 AM »
my mac harddrive crapped out last week. i just got my mac back and tried to reenstall the icam source... but when i launced it ... it didnt ask me for a login or anything.

so i tried to download the previous version and launch it.. i cant tell which version is running.. nor can i find a way to input my username....

Any suggestions?

thanks.
Andrew

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to remove icam source and retry
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
Does the new hard drive contain all of your own files, or is it a completely new install of the operating system? If it contains your old files and user settings, then your login information is already set, and you most likely have AutoStart enabled. Do you see an iCamSource icon in the Dock or in the menu bar? The stable version will have an iCamSource icon in the Dock, whereas the BETA version has an icon in the menu bar.

andrewscott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »
complely new hd. total loss of the data

the icon showed up only on the desktop. when i click it it seems to want to go to the dock but doesnt appear...

I have yet to install Quicktime, and upgrade from itunes 6... would that matter?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:52:29 PM by andrewscott »

andrewscott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:09:37 PM »
Well it seems i needed to update my quicktime (or itunes) as it now works since i have done that.

thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
Yes, if QuickTime is not up-to-date (or at least fairly recent), the iCamSource won't run at all. It was probably crashing on startup because it couldn't find a QuickTime resource it needed to do the video capture.

I'm glad you got it figured out. :)