Author Topic: view from multiple iphones?  (Read 2712 times)

roiegat

• View Profile
view from multiple iphones?
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:52:09 AM »
I have two laptops at home as cam sources.  I have the application installed on my iphone and my wives.  I was watching both feeds this morning and it was reporting motion well.  I went to grab breakfast and when I came back I lost one feed.  I got an email from my wife that she was looking at it.  Can only one IPhone be connected to a feed at one time?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: view from multiple iphones?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
No, the iCamSource should be able to transmit to more than one iCam simultaneously.

What error message did you see, if any? Is the issue consistently reproducible?

roiegat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
I didn't see any error.  Just a black box where it was.  My wife says she saw it for a little bit and then it went black on hers.  Since I did get some motion detection notifications, I suspect one of the cats might have either close the laptop lid of unplugged it and it went into sleep mode.  I'll know more when I get home.  Will keep you posted.

Good to know it can be viewed from multiple IPhones though.  Thanks.

vk105506

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25:37 PM »
Ok I got everything set up on the computer and the camera (Icamsource and ICAM on two Iphones) I can get the feed on my Iphone but my husbands Iphone says "No Sources found. There are no running ICAM source associated with your existing login and password" but his login and password was set up just like mine. What do we need to do to get his working and getting the feed for the camera?     

roiegat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:29:16 PM »
So it wasn't the cats who were at fault.  The laptop went into sleep mode.  I went into the energy settings and made sure that if it's plugged in - not to go to sleep mode.  Been working great all day.

VK - I sometimes get that too.  Usually if I'm moving.  I find that it sometimes takes me two or three tries to connect.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »
roigat - Glad to hear that things are now working well for you. :)

vk105506 - If you are able to connect from your iPhone but you are seeing a "No Sources Found" error message on his, then most likely the iCam Login and Password do not match. (They are both case-sensitive.) I would suggest deleting and re-entering the iCam Login and Password on your husband's iPhone to see if you can then connect.

If you are still having problems then if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then I can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference this support forum post in your e-mail.

(FYI, I am going to delete the "Need help on 2nd Iphone feed" duplicate post that you made in order to try to keep our forum as tidy as possible.) :)