Author Topic: Feature Suggestion  (Read 6908 times)

beavxx

• View Profile
Feature Suggestion
« on: September 27, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
First off, great program.  I'm using it in conjunction with my security system.

I wold like to see the following features..

#1.  When motion sensing is activated, perhaps a still photo should be generated.  This feature is found on the software I am trying to replace with Icam, HomeCamera.  When motion is sensed, an images is sent via email or MMS. I really would only like the ability to automtically save still images or streams upon motion detection. YOu can see the need when I am using this in conjuntion with my security system.  If something ever happened, I would not have the images for evidence.

#2.  I really would like the ability to use the native iphone camera on one of my two iphones to stream from.

Thanks for producing an affordable, usefull app.  Browsed this forum today, and am looking forward to some new feature based on all of the customer feed back you are getting.

Thanks!!!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:49:51 PM »
1) Other users have requested the ability to record on motion detection, and it is definitely on our list of potential features to add to iCam in the future.

2) The iPhone doesn't show up as a webcam when you connect it to your computer, so it won't currently work with iCamsource (as a webcam). 

joelpirela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
Also, being able to remote wake a camera or schedule time for on-off on the computer based software.
Using just "one" application to control up to 4 cameras, instead of having to copy 4 of the same applications to have the cameras...
Flip thru cameras, like you do on pictures
Without connecting the iphone to a computer and using it as a web cam, what about having an iphone, while on a 3g network or wifi hot spot, broadcast live video to another (or maybe the same) iphone?
Record up to 3-5 pictures and save it to the photo library on the iphone once movement is detected. (by the time I get the movement warning and open the phone, they are gone!)
I really love this app!
good job!
joel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »
I'm glad you like iCam :)

Scheduling, multiple camera support, and recording on motion are all features that have been requested by other users in the past and are on our list of potential features to add.

Sending images from the iPhone would be a whole new app.  It's technically possible, but we have no immediate plans to do it.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
Hey I love icam, it is an amazing application, but like others have said i would really like to be able to view motion captured still shots, maybe having a separate screen/ window screen on the phone dedicated to viewing the images with date and time stamps and the option to email, sms them, or save to your phone.

I definitely think this option would attract more buyers especially those with security in mind.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
That's pretty much what we're currently working on, actually. :)

Thanks for your feedback.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:23:44 PM »
Thats very exciting ;D, not to be too nosey or anything but do you know when it might be available, i am a big fan and this is the last feature i have been waiting for.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
I wouldn't call that being nosey or anything, but the real answer is "when it's ready" ... ;)

We don't want to release anything half-baked that doesn't work as well as it possibly can. I would like to think that we can get the new version (which will be 1.3) submitted to Apple this month, but from there it's really in Apple's hands as far as when it will actually be available in the App Store.

The review process seems to be taking about 2 weeks as of late, so if there are any issues that do result in a rejection and resubmission, each one of those adds another 2 weeks to the release date. :(

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
Thanks for the info, i look forward to seeing it in the app store

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »
how are things coming with the update? ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:29:30 PM by aen333 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
Going well. :)

Hopefully we'll have a submission to Apple within the next two weeks or so.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »
Cool, very exciting

CJD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:20:18 AM »
iCam is great and hopefully the new recording will go well to.

I have a pc server running icamsource and its looking at my outside cameras is it possible to give an trigger output when motion is
acitve to the old printer parallel port or a string to the com port. So i can use it to my AMX control system.

Thanks and Keep the good work up

CJD :D

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 09:03:36 PM »
CJD -Thanks for the suggestion, and I'm glad you like iCam :)

That's the first time we've ever gotten a request for that particular feature, so it probably won't get to our development list until we've implemented the more popular requested features.

CJD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 05:35:20 AM »
 :(

Ok i will have to wait for that.

Thanks anyway.