Author Topic: iCamSource crashing  (Read 5817 times)

smiffer

• View Profile
iCamSource crashing
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
We currently have two Trendnet cameras running in our office. I've tried running the iCamSource software on two different XP machines and am experiencing the same results. If I only have one instance running it would crash about 30% of the time. When I tried running a second instnace of iCamSource, for the 2nd camera, one of the two instances would crash within 30 minutes. I've tried searching, one of the post suggested updating my .NET software. It's already up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
Do you see an error message?  If so, what does the message say exactly?

smiffer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
The majority of the time the 2nd running instance of the software will stop running and not display any errors that it quit working until I close the program. The error it displays then is:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\iCamSoruce\iCamSource.exe
The application has requited the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more informatin.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »
This problem sounds like it might be a problem with the Visual C++ runtime libraries being out-of-date.  One of the prerequisites that must be installed in order for iCamSource to run correctly is the Visual Studio Redistributable Package(vcredist_x86.exe) .

Please download the vcredist_x86.exe installer from here: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe and run it.  After you run vcredist_x86.exe,  please reboot your computer.  Then try iCamSource to see if the problem has been resolved.

smiffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
I ran the update and same issue. I am wondering though if it could be the camera? We have two cameras, the first is in the backroom and the second is outside. I tried starting the backroom camera first and then the outdoor camera and the outdoor camera is the instance errored out. I then rebooted and started the outdoor camera first and then the backroom one. Again the outdoor camera errored out. They're both TrendNet cameras. The backroom one is TV-IP422W and the outdoor one is TV-IP410W.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:14:47 PM »
Sorry, I missed this reply somehow. 

Does the outdoor camera work correctly when it's the only iCamSource running?

smiffer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:10:41 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I had forgotten about this issue until my boss mentioned it. oops. No I cannot get just the outdoor camera to work. The iCam software will run for 30-90 seconds and then crash. Any other suggestions?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 12:55:12 AM »
Do you have any other computer available to try iCamSource on, just temporarily?  If it crashes on another computer, that indicates the problem is probably with the camera.  If it doesn't crash, the issue may be with the computer configuration.

Another thing we can try is to have me connect to the camera to see if the problem occurs for me and to debug the cause.  If you want to do that, please set up a temporary login and password for the camera and email the login info to support@skjm.com.  Don't post the login info in this forum. Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

wclo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, I am running into the same issue, did this ever get resolved?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
Are you also running multiple iCamSources connecting to TrendNet IP cameras on a Windows XP machine? If not, how is your situation different?

Are you experiencing crashes when you first launch the iCamSource, when you click the Start button, or after the iCamSource has been running for a while?

wclo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »
I have 2 Trendnet webcams (TV-IP400 and TV-IP422W) and 1 Linksys WVC80N.  I rebuilt my machine to a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate image with all the latest Windows updates for this.  I even reduced the resolution of my Trendnet TV-IP422W to QVGA.  I tried various combination (running all 3 together, permutations of the 2, etc.).  All runs fine in the beginning, similar to smiffer, after a few minutes, I lose signal on my iPhone to the TV-IP422W camera.  When I try to shut down that instance from the desktop, I get the same error message that smiffer gets.

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\iCamSoruce\iCamSource.exe
The application has requited the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more informatin.

Also to clarify, I don't get any errors when I don't run the two Trendnet cameras together.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »
Have tried reducing the frame rate of the MJPEG video stream? Are you using MJPEG or JPEG URLs? What is the % CPU usage of the iCamSources when running in the Task Manager?

wclo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
Only the MJPEG URL works on my TV-IP422W.  CPU usage hovers around 30%.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
What frame rate (fps) do you have set for your TV-IP422W? If you try reducing it, does that reduce the % CPU usage when running?

What are the % CPU usages of the iCamSource when connecting to your other cameras?