Author Topic: Cannot locate the program/start screen on my imac  (Read 1777 times)

greggfi

• View Profile
Cannot locate the program/start screen on my imac
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »
I loaded the program onto my imac with a webcam and my ipad2 tonight.  When I first opened it there is the screen that has the settings that you enter you name and password in.  When I restarted my computer it disappeared and I have not been able to find it since.  I can find the iCamSource icon but that just turns the webcam on and doesn't bring the screen back.  What do I do?
THanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot locate the program/start screen on my imac
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:34 PM »
It sounds like the iCamSource window may be hidden. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar(Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

greggfi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »
Nope.  It is not in my tray.  Any other suggestions?

greggfi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »
Also, I called Apple and asked there were I might find it and they couldn't help me located it either.  My camera is on but the preferences box is not anywhere to be found.  I cannot find if it I use command + tab or if I try to force quit from the apple drop down box as it doesn't show up in either.  The only way for me to exit is to shut down my computer.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Please send a screenshot of your desktop to support@skjm.com.

earthdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
I know when I first start it on my Mac the easiest way to find it is by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner, it will open "spotlight", you can simply type in icam and it will bring it right up for you. Just click icam when it comes up.
Now if it does not show up from there then it is either not installed or something very odd has happened that I have no explanation for.