Author Topic: Running on a Netbook  (Read 2539 times)

OldManInFL

• View Profile
Running on a Netbook
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:35:39 AM »
When I run on a Netbook, my screen is only 1024x600 and the dialog is too high and I can't get to the start button, unless I hide the taskbar. Can you make the screen wider and shorter since screens are wider than higher?

On version 2.1.1, when you minimize the dialog, you now display a message box indicating that the screen is being minimized, not terminating. Why not use the "X" to exit the dialog and use the "_" to mininize the screen and remove the message box.

Grumpa

• View Profile
Re: Running on a Netbook
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
As a 9" Netbook owner running iCamSource, I would like to second the request.  Thanks.

GaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Most Netbooks have an option to see the screen at a 'normal' size - either by scrolling the screen up and down or by compressing the normal screen into the Netbook screen.  Right click on the windows desktop and select Graphics Properties or similar.

I'm having the same issue with my Netbooks, so I'd appreciate a properties box that is shorter too :-)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
The 'X' is actually closing (not minimizing) the window, but the application is still running. (That's the reason for the message box.) This was a functionality that was requested in a much earlier version of the iCamSource.

As for the screen resolution, 600 pixels is rather short, but we will see if we can re-arrange things for a future version of the iCamSource.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
All other Windows programs use the "X" to close the application and the "_" to minimize the window (like you are doing with the "X") Please consider changing the operation and conform to the windows standard.

Thanks,
Rick