Author Topic: iCam Source Crashing  (Read 2299 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
iCam Source Crashing
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
Hey Everyone,
 Anyone Know Of A Reason That iCam Source Would Crash For No Apparent Reason, After Running Flawlessly For Over A Year And a Half Now?

I Believe The Problem May Be Paired To The External Hard Drive That Records The Motion Events. I Have Had This Problem Before But It's Always Corrected Itself. I Did A Diagnostic On The Hard Drive And A "Not Responding" Problem Was Fixed. I've Ran The CleaniCamKey As Well.
 iCam Will Run For About 10 Minutes, Then Crash. If I Try To Restart iCam, It Will Crash As Soon As I Hit Start. Reset The PC And We're Back To Square One. As I Said, I Believe The Problem To Be Connected To The Hard Drive But I'm Unsure How To Fix This. Any Ideas?

Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source Crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Anyone know of a reason that iCam source would crash for no apparent reason, after running flawlessly for over a year and a half now?

I believe the problem may be paired to the external hard drive that records the motion events. I have had this problem before but it's always corrected itself. I did a diagnostic on the hard drive and a "not responding" problem was fixed. I've run the cleanicamkey as well.
iCaam will run for about 10 minutes, then crash. If I try to restart iCam, it will crash as soon as I hit start. Reset the pc and we're back to square one. As I said, I believe the problem to be connected to the hard drive but I'm unsure how to fix this. Any ideas?

Ryan

Which version of iCamSource are you running, Mac or Windows?

How many cameras are you running and what are the Brand/Models of each?

Also, please send a screenshot of the iCamSource window to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Pease reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »
I Am Running iCam Source 2.5 On A Windows 7 PC. I Have 4 Logitech QuickCam S5500 Running With iCam That Record To An External Hard Drive, A FreeAgent GoFlex 500Gb.

As I Said, I Have Had This Setup For Well Over A Year Now Without Any Problems, Same Hard Drive Even With Event Recordings Dating Back To May.

I Will Note That When I Change The Motion Events Folder To A Folder On The PC Drive, I Don't Get The Crash. That's Why I Was Thinking It Was More On The Hard Drive Side Of Things Causing The Problem.

I Will email Screenshots Of The Error Message And The iCam Source Window.

Thank You For Your Time.
Ryan

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:45:24 PM »
You Should Be Receiving The Screenshots By Email Momentarily

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:09 AM »
I Did Some Of My Own Troubleshooting Last Night And I Think I May Have Narrowed Down The Problem.

Since I Figured The Problem Lies With the External Hard Drive I'm Using To Capture Motion Events, I Decided To Delete All The Motion Record Images And Their Source Folders From The Drive And Create A New Motion Events Source Folder And See If I Would Get The Same Crashing From iCam Source.
 Upon Deleting The Old Images, Windows Would Not Allow Me To Delete 2 Motion Images, Even After Restarting My PC. When I Tried To Delete, I Would Get The Message "Error 0x800770570:The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
The File It Was Referring To Was An Image From Approximately The Time iCam Started Crashing And Was Actually 2 Of My Camera Angles (2 Separate Cameras) Imprinted Into 1 Image. I'd Never Seen Anything Like It. I Can Email A Screenshot Of The Image And The Error If That Will Help To Understand Why 2 Cameras Recorded Into 1 Image.
 I Have Since Created A New Source Folder For Motion Events On The Same Hard Drive And Have Not Had Any Problems With iCam Crashing Since.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:18:22 AM by rkivz »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »
rkivz is receiving support via email.